Preservation of wooden hutch

Lovepigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi forgive me if this has been asked before, i am a bit over whelmed with choice and would like some clear advise if anyone can help please.
I'd like to paint the outside of my hutch, to preserve the wood. The hutch is kept outside with covers but the run section I feel needs a little protection.
People have recommended cuprinol garden shades. Which is great however I can only see bright colours. I'd like to keep the hutch a wood colour, it's literally to preserve the wood and refresh it.
I have found this ronseal paint.
Ronseal One Coat Fence Life Medium Oak 5L
Has anyone used this one before? Or any brands I get get?

Thank you in advance 😊

Ive used that kind of normal wood paint (not necessarily that brand though) (although I have also used the Cuprinol garden shades now as I wanted my piggy shed to be blue!) for years but its only been in places the rabbits (primarily in my particular case) could never chew.

It does say low VOC so thinking it is safe. Good idea, perhaps I'll just be extra careful where I paint with it. I only intended to do the outside and the run section. The pigs do tend to nibble on a piece of wood in the middle, I'll avoid that part.
I'm sure the blue looks great btw, I just don't think I'd have the patience 😂

Their website says it is safe for pets (specifically rabbits) as long as you only put the animals back in once the paint is dry.

Back