Preparing For Piggies! Old Chicken Coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsclark24

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm getting ready for my first pair of piggies since I was a child and I can't wait!

I have an old chicken coop I was going to use. My thought was that it has the sheltered bit at the top with a sliding door I can close at night but in the day they have constant access to grass and a large area to run. What do you think? Has anyone done this in the past?

Looks like such a lovely forum here I can't wait to get my girls and introduce them to you all!

:D Hello and :wel: to the forum! If your chicken coop is in good condition and clean, and the ramp to the sheltered part is not too steep, it should be fine for your new piggies in the summer. However, it is much too cold in this country to put them out on the grass in winter. DO you have the space indoors to put up a C and C cage? Your girls will be much happier and healthier in one of those, plus a lot safer too. You will need at least a 2 X 4 grid size for 2 girls. Please post pictures of your new piggies when you have got them! We love pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back