• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

pregnant, bloated, or fat?

mayaconneally

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi i am very worried about my new guinea pig nugget. i got her from a pet store on june 21st and i recently noticed her shape and it’s causing me concern. i’ve never gotten a guinea pig from the store i’ve only ever rescued and her cage mate is a skinny pig who has had babies so i know for a fact she is female. i felt her stomach and it is kind of hard and lumpy which i heard are signs of pregnancy. i don’t know if she’s bloated or what but i’m extremely worried. i think the store sold me a pregnant pig. please help.

:wel:

I’m afraid we cannot tell you if your piggy is pregnant or unwell, but given bloat is a serious condition, then it would be best to see a vet asap to rule out any medical emergency.
If it does turn out that you have been sold a pregnant piggy, then do speak to to the shop.

Back