Prawn crackers and plastic bags ((advice!))

Livvysquish

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! So, for context. My herd of 10 girls are allowed free roam of my entire apartment, everywhere is guinea pigs proofed.
My bf accidentally left our Chinese takeaway left overs in a pile on the floor before we went to bed.

I woke up and prawn crackers where spread across the room, nibbled up. I'd say we left a quarter of the bag left and their where 3 left.

My girls had not only ate the rest of the prawn crackers but also the really thin bag they where in. I only found the not of the bag. If they eat the correx all the time, is a plastic bag bad?

I know that this is very unhealthy and not good for them but, is it lethal/extremely bad, should i be worried? Between 10 of them, I'm not sure. They're all super active, eating and playing as usual. I'm so worried that I might need a vet visit for all 10. I really need some rationality and reassurance over this 😭😭😥

They're so obsessed with eating my wallpaper, accidental left out phone chargers, correx, plastic in general. Even though they have more than enough chew toys, unlimited hay and enrichment.

(((Pictures are for refference of bag and prawn crackers))

Attachments

• prawn-crackers.webp
    prawn-crackers.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
  • prawn-crackers (1).webp
    prawn-crackers (1).webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221022_224955.webp
    20221022_224955.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221022_225245.webp
    20221022_225245.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 11
Prawn crackers are made mostly from starch, so I don't think would be toxic. As piggies usually grind their food very thoroughly ( enough to turn hay into paste) the chances are that any plastic they ate will also have been finely ground so hopefully won't cause any blockages. I would keep a close eye on them over the next couple of days and get them to a vet as an emergency if there are any signs of bloat or reduced appetite

Back