• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Post Op Care?

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

Wilson is getting neutered tomorow and I need to know about the aftercare...

Ive got... tomatoe, parsley, brocolli and carrot for him straight after his op...
ive got towels... to change twice a day... so far I have 4 days worth... but I have a few mor ein a box somewhere
ive got a small cage for him... (cat carrier)
ive got food bowls etc

Ive alo got a plan...
Ill feed him twice a day... 1/2 a scoop... and when he is finished I will remove his bowl and change his bedding... sound good?

anything else?

Thanks for any suggestion/comments! :)

If those are his fave foods then thats great :) I give mine food when they go in and a second bag marked Post Op for afterwards with their favourite bits.

All I can say is good luck. I have had good and bad experiences of piggies having ops.

Thanks :) only 2 hours to go.... geting excited and nervous! Ill let you all know how it goes :)

:) Its weird, I have lots of rescue guineas castrated and am fine, but when it comes to my own I'm a bag of nerves, even though its the same vet etcetc. Good luck and keep us posted.

He is done... home happy and fine :)
He was really drousy when he first came hime but he loves his meds and is really good... he wants lots of cuddles too but I am trying to limit handling for a while so I dont split the wound or somthing lol

We were allowed to watch... but I only stood at the other side of the room :P

Thanks guys

:) thankyou...

He is doing excellent... I cant wait to give him his meds today... its so fun :P and he LOVES them too :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back