• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Possible eye infection?

• Thread starter Thread starter John Locke
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Locke

Our three piggies in the main cage seem to have developed what looks like an eye infection. All have it in their right eye, the eye is slightly closed, and has a little crusting. All are eating, drinking, pooing and are as active as normal. Is this something I need to see the vet stright away for, or can it wait until Monday when the vets are opened.

If you can get hold of some Brolene eye ointment you could start them with that now which should keep things under control until the vets are open.

Try batheing with cold black tea then apply the ointment.

Keep an eye on them closely - sometimes crusty eyes can be the start of a URI - if they go downhill at all straight to the vets obviously.

Thank you :) is the eye ointment a readily available thing, that I can get in a chemist?

Yup - you should be able to get it at the chemist - is used for conjunctivitis in people.

Well Kaylees eyes are lovely and clear this moning, but I managed to get some brolene in the chemist anyway. I will dose them all later this afternoon when it's floor time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back