Possible cage?

The grids themselves are fine - although being solid rather than wire means you won’t have anywhere to connect a water bottle.

As you have seen, The ramp is unsuitable for guinea pigs. You don’t need to add upper levels though as they cannot be counted towards the cage size in any event as piggies are ground roaming animals and don’t need upper levels.

The upper level hole would require bars around so the piggies cannot fall off and fall down to the ground floor.

If you get two sows then this cage would be fine size wise as it’s a 4x2 (150x60 is the recommended size a So although this cage comes in shorter at 143, it is wider at 73cm so covers the recommended floor area) (as I say, it’s only the bottom level which counts), but it would be too small for two boars (they require a 5x2, 180x60cm))

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages
Ramps in Cages
Cage Size Guide

Last edited:
There is a new full set up C&C website that I have seen on Instagram (sister company to C&E cosies who I know people on the forum use) they are very reasonable prices and they do lofts and ramps too!

Black 2X4 C&C Cage

Might be worth a look for your cage!

The grids themselves are fine - although being solid rather than wire means you won’t have anywhere to connect a water bottle.

As you have seen, The ramp is unsuitable for guinea pigs. You don’t need to add upper levels though as they cannot be counted towards the cage size in any event as piggies are ground roaming animals and don’t need upper levels.

The upper level hole would require bars around so the piggies cannot fall off and fall down to the ground floor.

If you get two sows then this cage would be fine size wise as it’s a 4x2 (150x60 is the recommended size a So although this cage comes in shorter at 143, it is wider at 73cm so covers the recommended floor area) (as I say, it’s only the bottom level which counts), but it would be too small for two boars (they require a 5x2, 180x60cm))

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages
Ramps in Cages
Cage Size Guide
Thank you so much for the kind and honest reply I really appreciate it! I’m soon to be a new owner so I’m so glad I checked, I planned on adding a water bowl rather than bottle would you recommend this being suitable? Also if the levels don’t really count, would you reccomend a loft at one side just so they have a bit of extra adventure space rather than over the full thing? And you’ve made me realise I wouldn’t really have access to my babies if it was layered when they where at the bottom so thank you!

Thank you so much for the kind and honest reply I really appreciate it! I’m soon to be a new owner so I’m so glad I checked, I planned on adding a water bowl rather than bottle would you recommend this being suitable? Also if the levels don’t really count, would you reccomend a loft at one side just so they have a bit of extra adventure space rather than over the full thing? And you’ve made me realise I wouldn’t really have access to my babies if it was layered when they where at the bottom so thank you!

Whether you use bowls or bottles is really down to the piggies. My piggies won’t use bowls.
You also need to bear in mind that water bowls need to be refreshed more regularly as they will get poop and hay in them.

A small loft to one side is fine but equally, they don’t need a loft at all - piggies arent climbers and they do prefer to just walk on the ground. although a lot will learn to use a ramp, there will always be some piggies who won’t.

I just ordered a small kitchen style correx area from C&C Cages, Correx Bases & Kitchens - Cage Creations C and C Cage .It arrived quickly and is much better than my own efforts at cutting correx.
Seems sturdy enough too. My only issue is they advertised it as equivalent to 2grids wide, its slightly smaller and I
have stuffed fleece down the sides to stop our guinea pigs exploring, behind it.

I got my guinea pigs' C&C cage from Kavee, as they offer precut coroplast in their kits as well as the grids :) Worth checking out!
As Piggies&buns also mentioned, the clear grids you linked may be tricky if you wish to hang up your water bottles, or if you wanted to do a hay bag or something. It is awesome that you are researching your setup first before getting your the piggies :D You must be super excited!

Back