• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Possible abscess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My boy Jack has had a little scab on the top of his second toe on his front foot for a while now and I've been keeping an eye on it. It hasn't got any better, in fact it's probably got a bit bigger so I decided to get some hibiscrub and start cleaning it daily to see if that would heal it up. Tonight was his first clening and OH MY GOD! The scab came off and underneath is what looks kind of like a big spot. There was no pus but the scab that came off has left a kind of hole in his foot, and there looks like maybe there might be pus in there somewhere but the skin would have to be broken to get to it and I didn't want to do that. I'm going to phone the vets tomorrow and see if I can get him an appointment. Feel like such a bad piggy mum that I didn't see how big it was getting! He was not a happy pig, I made it bleed! Although he was quite happy to eat the piece of carrot I gave him to make up for it.

Your not a bad piggy mummy at all. I am sure he will be back to normal in no time after a little visit to the vets. Fingers are crossed. Keep us updated. O0

Ah hugs! You're not a bad piggy mummy, never ever think that!

They can change so quick! But you kept an eye on it and will surely do the right thing for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back