Portions

Luca_jones

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I’ve seen many different things about portion sizes for guinea pigs, so I decided to come on here to ask as I’ve never been sure. My three sows get fed veg once in the morning, and once in the evening. Below is what I’m feeding this evening.
IMG_5930.webp
Does this seem like too much? I’m very conscious about over feeding. (They get pellets once a day and have constant access to water and hay.)
Thanks! :)

The recommended amount is one cup of veg per pig per day. There is a sample plate in the guide below which shows the amount for one pig.
(So if you’re giving veg twice a day then obviously you give half a cup per pig at each meal)

(Make sure you don’t overfeed parsley as it’s high in calcium - it’s a once a week only herb. Coriander is fine to be given daily)

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

(I personally prefer to slightly overfeed veg and I do give a little more than one cup per pig per day to mine but I only feed a few pellets (around 8 per pig but now they’re out on grass more it’s going down to about 5 per pig) and I only give pellets twice a week.)

Back