Popcorning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok so I'm on my second pig and already he has a different personality to Billie so I'm learning new stuff daily
Already by the wheeking on my birthday we have established that Merlin is a more vocal pig
Last night he seemed to demonstrat that he is a more energetic pig as well but I have a question:

Last night Merls was running round the floor, popcorning and gently wheeking and generally being a nutter.
Then he stopped for breath and sat still except for these hiccup type movements
He did one every 2 seconds for about 40 seconds

My question is - were these indeed hiccups if pigs get them (Id guess at no as they cant vomit so i imagine have no means to hiccup) or were these much smaller excited movements (little static popcorns) or was he maybe having some kind of mild fit

My heart is telling me that poor old Merlin got a little over excited but what do you think / know?

I think that it is probably more likely that he got over excited and a bit breathless. Sometimes Pookie ( 5yrs old) runs about, squeaking as he goes until eventually his squeak runs out and all you can hear is the air being sucked in then he has to sit a minute or two to get his squeaker back again!

I'm so pleased you're having so much fun with him :-* :-*
What a little character wheeking and popcorning, i love it when they popcorn you can really tell they're excited and super duper happy ;D ;D ;D

The young ones I have had here did a similar thing. When they were just too kna**erd to get their paws off the floor to popcorn they just shook their head 98) it did take me a while to realise they weren't fitting!

Thats a relief then. I love learning new things about my piggy :)

hils78 said:
The young ones I have had here did a similar thing. When they were just too kna**erd to get their paws off the floor to popcorn they just shook their head 98) it did take me a while to realise they weren't fitting!

Gosh i would've had a fit seeing it :o I'm glad i've read this thanks Hils :-*

Awwwwww, he's really loving being with you!

Ton does that after a run - poor lad is cream crackered!

Cindy does did that when she used to get play time with wilson... she would pop-corn to one end of the bed, then back then she would have a rest and snuggle with wilson ;D

Truffles popcorns when he hears me chopping up his veg at dinner time, i think it looks so cute! :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back