• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poorly Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiep

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor Tiger - I took him to the vets this evening as he has sounded a bit chesty - also he has been biting at his hair and strangely biting his paw nails.

Turns out he has a bit of a rattle in his chest, for which we have Baytril, and also lice, the poor little mop. I'm collecting some spot on from the vets tomorrow am and have just given him a shampoo in some stuff I got from the vets previously. Will try the coco neem on him too (forgot tonight, am such a dope). 98)

Needless to say he was most put out, but seemed to enjoy having his hair blow dried!

Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear about Tiger, the cute little darl! I hope he will be ok
Maybe this would explain his bad behaviour the other week? You'll have to post some pics of him when you can I'm :smitten: with him!

Keep us posted!

Louise
x

HI Louise,
Thanks!

Thats what we were wondering, it would have made him grumpy! I feel so guilty for not picking up on it sooner. :(

I'll post some pics as soon as he is over his lice and his grump!

They hide illnesses well so don't beat yourself up. Cuzzy was the same, it was only when I was going through his rump I saw he had scabs where the mites had been scratching him, other than looking at that we never would have known.

:)

Poor Tiger. We've managed to contract some nasty chest infections and am scared to death we have passed them on to our boys. I'm sure that the Baytril will clear up his chest in no time. Love the fact he's into the hairdryer! makes llife so much easier, ours hate it!

Thanks guys, fortunately the vet reckons his chest prob has been caught in time. He is downstairs scoffing away, nothing wrong with his appetite! I just can't believe I didn't spot the lice! The vet showed them to me, vile nasty crawling things (but part of me wishes I had a microscope to look at the little nasties!).

Its funny Julie, when he has baths with Jeremy he makes out that he hates the hairdryer as much as Jeremy does, but this was the first time he'd had a bath on his own - maybe he felt he could drop the macho pretence and revert to his diva-self!

oh noooo! Poor Tiger...

Dil sends her love :-* :-* :-* ....she loves his locks! Especially now he's all shampooed! :D

katiep said:
.....when he has baths with Jeremy he makes out that he hates the hairdryer as much as Jeremy does, but this was the first time he'd had a bath on his own - maybe he felt he could drop the macho pretence and revert to his diva-self!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

awww... sending him loadsa love :smitten:

katiep said:
Thanks guys, fortunately the vet reckons his chest prob has been caught in time. He is downstairs scoffing away, nothing wrong with his appetite! I just can't believe I didn't spot the lice! The vet showed them to me, vile nasty crawling things (but part of me wishes I had a microscope to look at the little nasties!).

Its funny Julie, when he has baths with Jeremy he makes out that he hates the hairdryer as much as Jeremy does, but this was the first time he'd had a bath on his own - maybe he felt he could drop the macho pretence and revert to his diva-self!

That's good news, good thing you got it seen to in time. ;D at Diva Tiger ;D You'll have to watch him with Helen's girlie, they sound like a match made in piggie heaven :smitten:

I know, Tiger & Dil, and Jeremy and Ruby! CAn you imagine all the ginger babies! :o

Tiger sends his love back Helen, and Jeremy sends a big kiss to Ruby!

Awwww poor Tiger, at least he will be all sorted now. They love their shampoo and blow dry really, all mine pretend to make a fuss but soon realise it is gonna happen so may as well make the most of it ;)
BTW, lice n easy from gg is the best at getting rid of lice, maybe get some in for future baths ;D

katiep said:
I know, Tiger & Dil, and Jeremy and Ruby! CAn you imagine all the ginger babies! :o

awww... loadsa ginges! :D :D ;D

hope Tiger gets better soon... and I hope Jeremy is being a good boy and looking after him! That bit about the bath make me really smile! ;D Rube sends her love to Jeremy too!

Just collected Tiger's spot on from the vets and weighed Tiger - he is 1.1kg, and the instructions say to use 15 drops (half a tube) for his weight... this seems like an awful lot, given that it seems like a nasty substance. Is this right? (Its Xenex Ulttra Spot on).

(We weighed Jeremy too - 1.5kg! :o )

:-\ :-\ no sowwwy, i've heard the name... but dont' know anything about it :-\ :-\

Hey Tiger we think you're a cool dude we're hoping you get better reallll soon :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm not sure katie :-\ i had to use 2 tubes each on Bumble and Bee but that was a new version of the spot on and was a lot less concentrated, they were only about 500g at the time so i suppose it depends on the concentration? sorry i cant help more xx

Spot on is not suitable for gps,Zeno 450 is the one to use.This comes in single dose pipettes which is put onto the skin at the back of the neck and down the spine.It is very affective and safe.

Mary, I am worried - others have used it on their pigs, I only have coconeem melt not the lice and go, the poor little guy is crawling with them.. I don't want to wait for the GG stuff to arrive by post, why isn't spot on ok for pigs?

How's the little man doing? :smitten: :smitten: I keep missing you !

Katie, that is the one I used on Sunshine (the one Mary suggested) I thought that was Spot on.

How is Tiger doing now?

Oops, sorry for not replying! His lice have gone thank heavens, he is a vain boy so was a terrible patient! We were more worried about his upset tum following the baytril for his cold - we gave him probiotics and stopped the baytril, his tum is ok and he is back to his greedy self. I am still keeping an eye on him as we did not finish the course of baytril

Thanks for asking after him, I will tell him, the little mop!

xx

Katie can we have a pic? I know i'm always pestering everyone for pics but i just love looking at them :smitten:

Hee hee here he is, the little monkey!
S1030168.jpg

aww look at that face....so beautiful ,he's gorgous katie and am so pleased he's feeling better :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back