• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poorly Scarby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tonight Scarby has a runny eye and has been sititng in the corner miserably and not eating. So I have just given him a syringe.

He worries me so much, and the smell of the recovery food reminds me of Angel-Dr so much.

I think he might be constipated as he is now trying to go and the craps are very tiny.

Any thoughts please?

Don't know what it could be but i'm thinking of you.. :-*

The small poos are probably because he's not eating.

Sending love for Scarby x x x x

So sorry to hear this.I going through the same, syringe feeding not much fun :(
Just make sure you give Scarby plenty of water too.
Good Luck

Oh Lucinda i hope Scarby's better soon.
I don't have a clue what may be wrong but i do know when Lottie wasn't eating her poops were tiny too.

Sending lots of get well wishes to Scarby :-*

Sorry to hear Scarby is feeling poorly! Such a worry when they aren't well. I think a trip to see your lovely vet might be a good idea. See how he is in the morning. I bet you won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Hope you feel better soon Scarby :-*

Oh dear Scarby, please eat for your mummy you know how much she loves you and worries over you :-* :-* :-* :-*
Keep us posted love, i hope you get some sleep and that he starts to eat again quickly, perhaps it's a tummy upset?

For you Scarby :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks everyone :)

Scarby has just had another two syringes of food, some syringed water, 2mls metatone, a few bits of spinach and about two nibbles of cucumber.

If he isn't bouncing for his breakfast we will go to Roger. We only went about three wheeks ago for an MOT and Roger said everyone's teeth were fine. :(

that's good that he's taken all the food and at least he's attempting to nibble O0 good boy Scarby :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you.

I'm so scared. I just hope he's only got a bit of tummy ache or something. At least he had some liquid food.

I am sure he will be fine. I think as long as you catch things quickly and that you can keep them eating and drinking, even if just a little, then it usually turns out alright. I would definitely pop and see Roger tomorrow if you are at all worried though.

I know how you must be feeling. I get so worried when any of them look a bit under the weather.

xx

Just a little tip - if he is constapated try giving a dose of olive oil. It won't hurt him and will soon get things moving along!

Hope he is feeling better today.

Thanks Kate. My mother said she thought you could give them oil but I wasn't sure.

This morning, he had two syringes of food, some water, metatone, and two spinach leaves. He still can only make tiny craps and seems very unhappy, sitting glumly in the corner. Going to Roger this evening.

Paws crossed for the little man :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I'm so proud of him for taking his syringe food, good boy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I wondered instead of teeth could it be a tummy problem? He's not swollen at all.

aww poor love.. Am so sorry, I never got your text til this morning although my phone was on.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Lots and lots of love!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back