• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

poorly feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondering if my piggies have bumblefoot,when bathing them today all 4 have slightly swollen pads and two have scabs on their feet,when I touch them they don't squeal and they are running around as normal?,however I have benn bedding them on the dreaded woodshavings for the past 4 weeks as haven't had time to go to my supplier of Megazorb!Any ideas please. :( ?

It does sound like they have had a reaction to the wood shavings. Do they need to be on it? Could they go on towels or hay / both? If they do need the wood shavings, could they have lots of hay on top?

I'm not sure about treating the feet.. i think they would calm down/heal as soon as they were off the shavings. I've seen piggies with scab looking things on their feet and vets have said it's nothing & not to worry (this was when i was working with small animals)... Not sure if it might be fungal, someone should be along to help soon :)

Michelle is the expert on this as she's unfortunately experienced it :'(
There is some pics somewhere on here that will show you bumblefoot, if not go to guinealynx as they've always got pics of these things.
Good luck let us know how things go crossing our paws for you :-* :-* :-* :-*

Does sound like the shavings could be the problem, too sry and scratching their feet. Other bedding you could use? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back