• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poor Tweed!

Wheekallweek

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately rescue resident Tweed isn't very well! Him and his best friend Sidney were due to go t their new home this weekend but unfortunately Tweed is having some problems 😔
No fault at all of our fabulous fosterer, it's all a bit out of the blue but him and Sidney will be here for a whole longer.
He has a runny left eye, white snot from his left nostril and some very sudden sever dental issues!
We are chopping up his veg very finely which can just about manage but he is really struggling with hay and just can't manage it so we're syringe feeding him too. He's very uncomfortable poor chap and the vet today noted he can't close his mouth properly 😕 his incisors have also become slanted.

He's started metacam and baytril today and will be going in for a dental exploration on Friday under anaesthetic. Sidney will of course accompany him.

Poor baby, send him lots of vibes everyone!

Unfortunately rescue resident Tweed isn't very well! Him and his best friend Sidney were due to go t their new home this weekend but unfortunately Tweed is having some problems 😔
No fault at all of our fabulous fosterer, it's all a bit out of the blue but him and Sidney will be here for a whole longer.
He has a runny left eye, white snot from his left nostril and some very sudden sever dental issues!
We are chopping up his veg very finely which can just about manage but he is really struggling with hay and just can't manage it so we're syringe feeding him too. He's very uncomfortable poor chap and the vet today noted he can't close his mouth properly 😕 his incisors have also become slanted.

He's started metacam and baytril today and will be going in for a dental exploration on Friday under anaesthetic. Sidney will of course accompany him.

Poor baby, send him lots of vibes everyone!

HUGS

I am so very sorry and am sending Tweed my vibes for tomorrow, poor boy!

An update for you all, although not the one we wanted to give.

Once Tweed had been sedated the vet could check his teeth and jaw properly. His teeth were actually OK, but his jaw was causing some severe problems. At this point his nose began to bleed.

X rays showed that his left mandibular joint (where the jaw joins the skull) had completely disintegrated, likely due to Osteomyelitis. Not surprising considering the conditions we rescued him and his friends from.

There was nothing left to be done, and we made the kindest but hardest decision for Tweed, with help from our vet, to let him go and be free from pain.

RIP over the Rainbow Bridge, sweet little Tweed, the most chilled out, gentle, friendly and kind piggy. Taken too soon 💔💔💔

Tweed you came into our lives for a short time but we loved you so much straight away. We can't believe that this has happened especially when it should have been such a happy time for you and Sidney being adopted. Popcorn happily over the Rainbow Bridge sweetness and watch over Sidney 💙

Oh no I’m so upset to hear about lovely Tweed - he was given great hope after being rescued and we were so happy to watch his journey and recovery. You made so many of us love you from the start Tweed …..not to forget all the wonderful people who were there for you and cared for you ❤️
Popcorn freely at RB beautiful Tweed

I am so sorry to read this sad news. I wish I could have had the pleasure of meeting him but the rainbow bridge now has that honour.
You tried your best for him and he would have known that.
Sleep peacefully little treasure 🌈

Oh no I'm so sorry that poor Tweed was in such a bad way and you had to help him to Rainbow Bridge 😢 😞 At least he knew love and friendship in his last few months with you all and Sidney. 💔

It's sad too for the people who were going to give him a forever home :(

Back