• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Now I’m always going on about observing piggies poos as these are often the best insight into their health- now Steve’s has me baffled.

So two days ago, he had the beginnings of another minor bloat episode (belly sounds like water balloon basically and he starts to sit around) I gave him his doses of emeprid (2 in total) and it cleared up. Now his poos for these last two days have been a bit weird (I gather due to the emeprid perhaps tho he has had emeprid plenty before and I might get the odd weird one but not this consistent).

so the poos r normal colour I’d say a nice dark brown/blacky with some having a lighter brown tint. But some looks drier, some are a little tear drop shaped and others look a bit mucusy and squashed. Then there’s some that look normal. He is acting as I would expect and I’ve done the usual bloat tests and he is fine in terms of that. I’m going to ask at work tomorrow anyway (perks of working at a vets haha) but do u reckon I should just observe for now? I don’t want to unnecessarily give him meds as these often make him worse than he was.

Thank you! :)

Back