Poop question

Isla&Steve

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey, so we will of had our boys for a week tomorrow! I can’t believe how fast it’s going but they have come so far already and we can’t imagine not having our lives revolve around them, we are officially piggie slaves and proud. I have realised that they are pooping and weeing a lot more than their first couple of days, is it normal for them to not poo or wee a lot at first? Is that a nerves thing? As always, I’m not necessarily concerned, just interested.

Also I still can’t get brilliant photos of them because they’re still a little skittish but I just want everyone to see how gorgeous they are so have a few terrible photos😂

Here we see Kronk in his usual position, stood at the bowl looking at me like “ooman, where leaves go?” About 5 seconds after veg has been given 😂DC3CFC54-D48F-4F25-9C50-D7083A1CB807.webp
Kuzco constantly follows Kronk around like his shadow, he has so much patience
6A36AC4A-8E87-4CF5-BB8A-5CDE1C1812B1.webp
This one truly is a bad photo but Kronk loves his new tunnel, but the sound of him chewing it terrifies me.
65939D91-538F-4FB4-81B6-1E48B3C11BFB.webp

Mine started doing everything more after week 1. They peed, pood, drank and ate a lot more after a week or so. We're now on 2 and a half weeks with them.

This is Nova and Luna.

Attachments

• IMG_20210320_211003_337.webp
    IMG_20210320_211003_337.webp
    78.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210319_223404.webp
    20210319_223404.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 6
Mine started doing everything more after week 1. They peed, pood, drank and ate a lot more after a week or so. We're now on 2 and a half weeks with them.

This is Nova and Luna.
Gorgeous pair.
I believe from what I’ve read elsewhere on the forum that skinny pigs are very productive in the poo & wee department :D

that sounds really good, i think they are settling in! i have my piggy for exactly a week today, she’s definitely getting a bit more confident too!

Gorgeous pair.
I believe from what I’ve read elsewhere on the forum that skinny pigs are very productive in the poo & wee department :D

VERY. I've never owned guinea pigs before this skinny pair so I have no idea what would be a normal amount. But I hoover them daily and defo couldnt get away with skipping a day as their floor is covered. I've just pulled out a soaking wet pee pad that was only in there 2 days (it was fine yesterday afternoon when I checked). I change large parts of bedding every other day. There's only 2 of them!

Discovering noodle mats is a God send! Highly recommend for anyone who uses fleece and hasnt tried them. It doubled the time between full bedding changes and does stay dry.

I'm more use to reptiles that never wee and poop like twice a week. Reptile poop stinks though and is wet and soggy 😖

Hey, so we will of had our boys for a week tomorrow! I can’t believe how fast it’s going but they have come so far already and we can’t imagine not having our lives revolve around them, we are officially piggie slaves and proud. I have realised that they are pooping and weeing a lot more than their first couple of days, is it normal for them to not poo or wee a lot at first? Is that a nerves thing? As always, I’m not necessarily concerned, just interested.

Also I still can’t get brilliant photos of them because they’re still a little skittish but I just want everyone to see how gorgeous they are so have a few terrible photos😂

Here we see Kronk in his usual position, stood at the bowl looking at me like “ooman, where leaves go?” About 5 seconds after veg has been given 😂View attachment 170758
Kuzco constantly follows Kronk around like his shadow, he has so much patience
View attachment 170759
This one truly is a bad photo but Kronk loves his new tunnel, but the sound of him chewing it terrifies me.
View attachment 170760

The pooing and weeing reflects a smaller food and water intake while they were still wary in their new surroundings, which is normal while they get their bearings. They have obviously settled in and made up for it now. ;)

This is how arrival in a new pet home looks from the piggy perspective: Arrival in a home from the perspective of pet shop guinea pigs

Back