Poll on bedding?

• Thread starter Thread starter superstarpiggy
  • Start date Start date

What bedding do you use for your guinea pigs?

• Straw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fleece

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

superstarpiggy

Hiya everyone,

This poll is too find out what bedding is best. I use Hay at the momemt but i just wondered what you use as it maybe better than hay? Please tell what you think and if you say other than please tell me what it is you use!?!
O0
Sarah

It has to be fleece its just so cheap! ;D Failing that Megazorb for Rabbits and dust free hay for pigs. Can i have three votes?

Its made from hemp, like wood stuff lol! it smells nice and the pigs and rabbit seem to like it :) its just easier to deal with because they have big cages now and fleece doesnt cover them! its a bit messy if the pigs are indoors but mine are going in the shed soon! x

Hay gets my vote but while i'm here I thought I'd just ask a couple of questions.
1.  I have been filling half the cage with sawdust (megazorb on its way) and the other half with hay (this is where their house is too).  Is this right or should i be putting down two complete layers?  Also, my mum was saying that she thought I should be using some sort of fluffy bedding in the house itself.  What does everyone else think?  All i've seen so far is hay and sawdust or something similar.

I use hay, happened to put a little to much in when i cleaned it this time adn lost 5 piggies completley, all you could seewas moving hay ;D ;D

I use newspaper on the bottom, then a layer of woodshavings, then about 3 more layers of newspaper on top of the shavings, then on top of that half the cage has vet bed and the other half has a thick layer of hay.

i usually use starw as the girls love eating it, but due to the hot oz summer and lack of rain straw is hard to come by. so for now am using oaten hay as bedding and the girls love tunneling under it. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back