Please Read!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochester Piggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just got my new piggy today and she is rarely walking around. She's eaten and drinken though so what do you think it could be? Illness! She had 2 check ups by a vet before she came to us and was healthy!!

You've literally only just brought her home? Is the food and water in a place where the piggy would have to walk too? If it's gone this suggests that the little guy has been walking. If it is literally her first day with you it may just be she's been freezing due to fear when your in view. My piggy Mo just remained where we first placed him for about two hours despite there being a house behind him. I thought I'd purchased a broken piggy! Haha. I didn't see him move but I knew he had been because his water was going down,he'd eaten a little and there were poos. If she has a clean bill of health I would put it down to fear. Once she's more comfortable in her new home she'll be popcorning in no time :)

she has a cagemate, we got her to be a companion for my other piggy, i was trimming her nails and cut her quick (she has black nails) i felt so bad. There was a bit of normal dominance signs for a few hours, then they calmed down and are both snoozing right now. I have them seperated during the night so they wont fight during the night. They can still interact and were eating hay together and touching noses through the grid earlier. She has pooed a TON!! the introduction was at the rescue btw

Hi and welcome.
It's very likely that they won't need to be separated at night. The dominance behaviour is normal but if they haven't had a fight already and calmed down after the first few hours then separating them is unnecessary and confusing for them, and can be a barrier towards forming proper bond.
It's natural to be nervous, I remember I actually slept in the same room as mine (the living room) after the first time I did an intro because I was scared of them suddenly falling out!
It does sound like all is well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back