Please keep fingers and toes crossed!

Livia Rabideau

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As some of you know, I lost my 9 year old girl Snickers a week ago. She left behind a 2 year old friend Violet. I have tried to bond her with my trio. Unfortunately, she and the largest pig did not like each other from the beginning. I have her housed next to a pair of females. It's my last hope. I took down the coroplast divider so they can interact through the bars before their bonding this weekend. I don't expect it to work out, but would appreciate prayers and we'll wishes that it does. If they get along, I can give them a 2 by 12 c and c cage. I have always wanted to upgrade the pair, but didn't have room. They are currently in a 2 by 6. Ugh. I hope it works. Poor Violet just stares into their cage all day. Besides a brief teeth chatter from all as they bumped noses for the first time, they seem ok. I know that is not a guarantee. I have reached out to the only rescue nearby and have not heard back. I don't want to go to a pet store, but may have to because I don't want her to be alone. Wish me luck! I will keep you updated!

So sorry you lost Snickers, what an amazing age though! I have my fingers crossed for Violet I do hope it goes well, you never quite know. They are funny little individuals aren’t they 😊 If it doesn’t and you have to go to a pet shop then that’s how it is sometimes when you are trying to do the best for a pet 🤞

Should I try breaking up my trio? Maybe she could bond with one of them? I feel like she freaks out going to meet a bunch at a time.

I tried her with just one of the trio girls and it did not work. She is being super aggressive.
So sorry it didn’t work on both scores. Girls are strange. When my husboar Ted died I got Hector thinking they would accept him as readily as they had accepted Ted. I couldn’t have been more wrong. They hated him and Posh actually went for her well bonded happy cage mate Ginger and knocked her clean over with such rage. Posh didn’t go for Hector which I though very strange despite her dislike of him. There‘s now’t as strange and fickle as piggies! 🙄

I guess I am going to have to go to a pet store 😕. I need a baby. I have never had a bad experience with a baby. I don't get it. Violet was the submissive one with Snickers.

I guess I am going to have to go to a pet store 😕. I need a baby. I have never had a bad experience with a baby. I don't get it. Violet was the submissive one with Snickers.
Good luck, I hope you can find a baby for her x

I contacted the only rescue somewhat close, but they never got back to me. I am on a removing site too looking, but no babies and nobody close.

Back