• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Please Help! My pig is making odd sounds!

• Thread starter Thread starter Cavylover101
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cavylover101

Please help me, my Guinea pig is making odd sounds; it kind of sounds like hiccups. Any help Much appreciated!

I'm sorry i've no idea, that's something i've never heard before :-\
Call your vet and ask their advice love :)
Will keep our paws crossed for your piggie that all is well :) :) :) :)

Hiya,

How is he now? Perhaps he has been chewing on something that he shouldn't? Guinea pigs can't be sick (vomitting) so this sounds like to me that perhaps he has swallowed something and is just trying to clear his airway. I would take him to the vet to be sure a I read that hiccups can sometimes be associated with an Upper Respiratory Infection and drainage causes the hiccups. Although if you think he has ate something he shouldn't (like part of a toy in the hutch) then it could be that.

Keep us posted on how he is,

Louise
x

Thank both of you very much. I haven't heard her make that sound today, so I'm guessing that she ate something that got stuck in her throat. I think it may be the hay; we recently switched brands (the brand we like is being re-pack edged or something like that, so the pet store doesn't have it temporarily) and the new brand is twice as long. Could that be it? I'm keeping an eye on her and if she starts making that that sound I'm going to call the vet. but when she was making those sounds, she seemed fine, she was eating, playing in out-of-cage time,and popcorning like normal.

She sounds like she is over the worst. Probably was just hiccups. And sorry I called your pig an he! 98) Have you any photo's of her?

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back