please delete this post

• Thread starter Thread starter smiler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where to get 'stuff' for hutch?

I bought some decent mesh for £2.99 from wilkinsons, can't remember how big it was but with 2 rolls I made a 5ftx3ft run. Not sure about the wood though :P

You can get some decent wood from focus the DIY shop. need the wood at least 2cm thick too, and you'll need felt to go on the top of the hutch if its outside :)

My OH "rescued" a wardrobe from someone's garden, this is to be transformed into a 4ft 2 storey hutch ;D ;D

We turned out 3ft hutch into a 6 - 7ft hutch out of my old chest of draws XD it's a piggie palace now XD ;D

I have got some really good finds in the Ikea bargain corner. If you have a catering supplier near you quite often the big ovens get delivered in ply wood boxes which can be customised.....

My hubby gets it all from Wicks as it is way cheaper than b&q and focus also what ever he doesnt use he returns for a refund.

For mesh wilkinsons and for wood the cheapest place is a wood yard timber place look in the yellow pages for one locally ;) B&Q ect charge through the nose for wood. I can recomend wood cladding though for the sides and base its strong. Our Hutch that we extended was very easy to do. If you look on Deville cavis they have hutch plans Ideal for sheds ;) and they are very easy instructions to follow and they have folding run plans too :)

Smileer said:
For mesh wilkinsons and for wood the cheapest place is a wood yard timber place look in the yellow pages for one locally B&Q ect charge through the nose for wood. I can recomend wood cladding though for the sides and base its strong. Our Hutch that we extended was very easy to do. If you look on Deville cavis they have hutch plans Ideal for sheds and they are very easy instructions to follow and they have folding run plans too

Thats why I love you! :smitten: ;D
Aww well I am a cheapskate but I love a bargin and hate getting ripped off for anything. I am a nightmare to go shopping with ;D but I do have great ideas that normally work. I may be a blond under the red hair dye but I do have good ideas. Or can find what I am looking for ;)

The search you need to do is "Delville Cavies" - brilliant site and has great hutch ideas. Not sure if I can actually add the link here, but if you google it you should find it takes you straight to their site. Good luck, can't wait to see some photos of the finished article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back