Playpen Recommendations.

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I usually just let the girls roam around on the floor for an hour or so a day but I'm getting a bit fed up of playing find the poops for an hour afterwards 😂

Does anyone have any good playpen Recommendations? Preferably something that is easy to put up and away as I won't be leaving it out, it'll be going away after each use.

TIA.

My boys are in my shed so I need instant pop up type cages for when they need to come indoors.

I use c&c grids. I cable tie them together all except the end two grids. This enables them to concertina up for easy storage and unfolding. When I need the pen, I throw down my sheet of plastic (which i got for £1 per metre from a garden centre), throw down absorbent layer and then put a fleece on top, then unfold the grids and tie the two ends together (I don’t always put the connectors on for quick playtime).

I also have a set of C&C grids that are just cable tied together.
It packs down flat and can also be made into any shape you like.
We have tile floors so I just put down a fleece blanket which is enough for an hour or so, and then I mop the floor afterwards.

Would this be sufficient for a couple hours playtime of an evening?
Screenshot_20230418_155329_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.webp

I’m not sure it would be the sort of thing I’d go for.
Ive tried to zoom in on the little pictures below and see a little more but it was a bit blurry.
The main pen part isn’t very big (only 99x71cm). I think I can see the cover lid part comes off the pen but does it come off the tunnel? How are you getting them out of there if they choose to sit in the middle of the tunnel and not move?!

I’m not sure it would be the sort of thing I’d go for.
Ive tried to zoom in on the little pictures below and see a little more but it was a bit blurry.
The main pen part isn’t very big (only 99x71cm). I think I can see the cover lid part comes off the pen but does it come off the tunnel? How are you getting them out of there if they choose to sit in the middle of the tunnel and not move?!
The tunnel is in 2 parts and zips together in the middle and the top of the pen unzips.

Still browsing for one. May just go down the cable tied c&c route.

My concern would be cleaning the tunnel.
You could lay a blanket in the main part but I think if they pee in the tunnel it could get smelly quite quickly and be awkward to clean.

C&C grids with a plastic sheet of some kind is really useful to have it doubles up as an emergency pen for all sorts of situations. If it was me spending money it's the way I would go. It all packs away in a carrier bag.

This is the run I have in the garage. It folds up quickly and doesn't take up much room when stored away. I used it at my old house for as a run when they came in on hot days in the summer as they were outdoor piggies there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AVC-Design...8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

You can make it into a square shape as the 8 panels are joined together by flexible hinges that go either way.

Back