Playpen From Argos

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguinealady

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Got a small animal pen from argos yesterday to put my piggies in when doing a full cage clean.If I had known about fleece then would have put piggies in those instead of shop bought .In c&c now but those would have been great as could have just bought one a month.Never mind, you live and learn.

Are they good then? I was looking at those and wondering. Whats the bar spacing like? X

a couple of mine are only about 6 weeks old and one could get through a c&c grid but cant get through these.Catologue number 8706595 and a meter ish square.Like a hook and eye system at sides to keep them together and means you can unlock one side to get in.No roof if used for outside but pegs to peg it to the ground. Should have got pics with pigs in. Great as something to put them in when cleaning out. I just put a ground sheet (had a spare but you can get them from pound shop) then a fleece.

Ooooh do you think you could use them with correx instead of grids then? I have some hexagonal puppy pens that i use inside but pumpkin and boo can get out!

yes dont see why not, same concept as using correx in c & c. You can get plastic coated grids dirt cheap on ebay, 23 grids for 17 quid. Vonhaus interlocking storage . Could you not just line the puppy pens with correx to save you money, You could put it higher till they are older. You can see where i had to block grids where she was getting out. If i have time tomorrow will set up pen adn put smallest piggy and largest piggy in so you can see.

the spacing of the bars is 3cm. Dont know if that is narrower than your puppy pens. Can they be made into rectangles so you can put correx in them? What do you use as flooring for them now?

I have two metal (stainless steel) clunky puppy pens which I use indoors with just puppy pads and fleece on the top when the piggies are having floor time and I also use the same ones outdoors pegged into the grass when the rabbit goes outside. I find them really annoying to store and clunky and noisy to put up and take down! They are also rather bent and a bit manky from having been in my garden at various times.

The gaps between each individual panel and the pegs that hold the panels together do seem to be just a bit too big for Pumpkin, Jack and Boo but my teddy girls are very large and much better behaved and don’t try to push their way through anything. I still wouldn’t trust any of them in the garden in them though.

The photo of the argos one looked like smaller spaced bars and more lightweight to handle than my current stainless steel pens?

Also as it makes a 1 metre by 1 metre cage, I was wondering if the argos pen plus some correx would be a cheap way of re-creating that fabulous Little Friends 100cm x 100cm cage that people have been posting about on here. And yes, you are right, I could just make the Correx higher to stop them squeezing out. Sorry, I am being dim ;) I'm not getting much sleep as my toddler keeps waking up at night and the sleep deprivation is scrambling my brain 

Hmmm. Now to source some cheap purple Correx ;)

I really like those clear Perspex grids you have – what are those?

Love your set up by the way. You are a good Piggy Slave!

I have 3 of the argos playpens as my rabbits run to keep them off my furniture haha :D the clear ones are from ebay or thats where I got mine like that from, search triple storage cube and you will find them :-)

Cheers Bekki :)
Does it work to keep the bunnies off the furniture? Mine just jumps over barriers!

Current bunnies yes it does previous bunnies ... no :-) friends 7 dont jump over either I just had one boy who has springs not legs and ended up jumping an 8ft wall in my yard! Sadly interal injuries meant he passed away felt so bad as everyone said bunnies cant jump that! The spare bedroom is going to hvae a single bed and furniture in so will be barriered off at one end for the bunnies so I hope they stay in their pen! Its a 12ft x 10ft at its smallest room so not tiny, its a bit tapered and odd shape so its a bit bigger overall

I have two metal (stainless steel) clunky puppy pens which I use indoors with just puppy pads and fleece on the top when the piggies are having floor time and I also use the same ones outdoors pegged into the grass when the rabbit goes outside. I find them really annoying to store and clunky and noisy to put up and take down! They are also rather bent and a bit manky from having been in my garden at various times.

The gaps between each individual panel and the pegs that hold the panels together do seem to be just a bit too big for Pumpkin, Jack and Boo but my teddy girls are very large and much better behaved and don’t try to push their way through anything. I still wouldn’t trust any of them in the garden in them though.

The photo of the argos one looked like smaller spaced bars and more lightweight to handle than my current stainless steel pens?

Also as it makes a 1 metre by 1 metre cage, I was wondering if the argos pen plus some correx would be a cheap way of re-creating that fabulous Little Friends 100cm x 100cm cage that people have been posting about on here. And yes, you are right, I could just make the Correx higher to stop them squeezing out. Sorry, I am being dim ;) I'm not getting much sleep as my toddler keeps waking up at night and the sleep deprivation is scrambling my brain 

Hmmm. Now to source some cheap purple Correx ;)

I really like those clear Perspex grids you have – what are those?

Love your set up by the way. You are a good Piggy Slave!
The grids are from eBay, vonhaus interlocking storage, 23 grids for 17 quid or 30 something for 22 quid with free delivery.If I had normal grids would have been stuck when babies in as would have escaped.You don't get enough connectors and the metal Is thicker than other grids but I have spares if you wanted them because I use cable ties and don't use storage..They are really light, I have sore joints and manage them fine.You can also put as many together as You want to make a bigger cage.I use ground sheet from pound shop, incontinence pads then fleece.I also like the fact with these they are protected from drafts.That is my little cage, 10 square foot soon to be extended.The other four are in 5x3.Putting lofts on soon.Know what you.Mean about sleep, 14 year old throwing up last night so have had 2 hours sleep since yesterday morning

Mean the playpen are light.Think box said 7 and a half kilos total.I carried it from town.And meant you could put as many panels if the playpen together as you wanted.You are right, sleep deprivation is wonderful

Thanks for the info! I like the look of those storage grids! Hope you get some sleep tonight xx

hopefully it will miss my daughter but unlikely as she is super glued to me at the minute. Hope you get sleep too.

forgot to say if you need hay racks you can buy single c&c grids and bend them so you can use bulldog clips to attach them to the sides of the cage.(or buy posh material ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back