Play pen recommendations

Jemima

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking for play pen recommendations. I have my dearest boars who I worry are getting bored when it is too wet to go out. I work from home, but they are currently in the minimum space (2x4 with a loft) and they just sit in their hay and make me feel guilty! 🤣

When it's dry they have a gorgeous big run they can go out in all day.

But for wet days, I'd love to be able to pop them in a play pen for a few hours. Something that is...

1. Easy to put up
2. Easy to clean
3. Bigger than their 4x2, or even a different shape - round etc.

I am home most days all day, but setting up floor time on our wooden floors takes a lot of time to prepare and put away (towels, newspaper, hay, hides etc) and I need to work.

Would love some recommendations please!

Thanks lovelies!

As I think I’ve mentioned to you before, my boys live out in my shed but due to this I also need quick and easy ways to be able to bring them indoors due to weather conditions etc.
I have two spare cages but by far my favourite is simply a load of c&c cage cable tied together (except the end two). They concertina up for easy and space saving storage and are also very quick to make the cage back up - simply unfold and connect the end two grids with connectors. I use a sheet of plastic as the base on the floor (folds up and down obviously very easily), a few newspaper down, hay and hides and done - temporary cage/playpen in five minutes! I have enough grids tied together to make a 6x3 but I don’t always use them all - i just leave them ones I don’t need pushed to one side and put the connector in elsewhere if I need the cage to be smaller

:agr:
I have a bunch of spare C&C grids cable tied together as a play pen/emergency cage.
It is perfect because it folds flat and can be set on in any space or shape.
It also works well if you need an emergency spare cage - once when Ruby was ill but we were travelling for the weekend, we just took her and the play pen with us and set it up where we were staying so she had plenty of space.

As I think I’ve mentioned to you before, my boys live out in my shed but due to this I also need quick and easy ways to be able to bring them indoors due to weather conditions etc.
I have two spare cages but by far my favourite is simply a load of c&c cage cable tied together (except the end two). They concertina up for easy and space saving storage and are also very quick to make the cage back up - simply unfold and connect the end two grids with connectors. I use a sheet of plastic as the base on the floor (folds up and down obviously very easily), a few newspaper down, hay and hides and done - temporary cage/playpen in five minutes! I have enough grids tied together to make a 6x3 but I don’t always use them all - i just leave them ones I don’t need pushed to one side and put the connector in elsewhere if I need the cage to be smaller
Thank you - that is a good idea!

At the moment their set up for floor time actually is OK - I guess if I get organised enough I can do it relatively quickly. I can shut all the doors in my little hallway and they can roam - I think I just need to get a plastic sheet for underneath like you have. :) The lay down newspaper...

I've just popped them out within about ten mins of set up, so not too bad. See they are enjoying some handfuls of grass.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.webp
    IMG_1804.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1805.webp
    IMG_1805.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 12
We have Bunny Business playpens (can get them on Amazon) they are 4x4 floor area and fold flat when not in use, also as they are made of 8 2x2 panels you can make an octagon shape or just alter the area to fit your floor shape. We also extend ours with extra C&C grids for the main herd :)

Also we got a couple of plastic mats that are sold to put under babies high chairs to pop on the floor underneath, to protect the laminate flooring- then we just put down newspaper on top to soak up the piggy pee!
Other people use a shower curtain or an offcut of lino as a waterproof base for indoor play pens :)

Also we got a couple of plastic mats that are sold to put under babies high chairs to pop on the floor underneath, to protect the laminate flooring- then we just put down newspaper on top to soak up the piggy pee!
Other people use a shower curtain or an offcut of lino as a waterproof base for indoor play pens :)
Great ideas - thank you!

We've got a couple of these little metal fence pens that can be made into a pen of any shape, but also used to block off the hallway. When they have more space like this, they like running along tunnels.

IMG_20210628_150938.webp

I've been looking into this as well. I like the suggestion of using c&c grids cable tied together so they fold down. I've also looked at play pens on eBay guinea pig play pen and on AliExpress guinea pig playpens . I haven't used Amazon for around 9-10 years now.
Polite note : no naming and shaming on the forum, please.

We are not getting dragged into a legal battle that is not of our making, this is why our policy advocates no naming and shaming. If you don't like it, I suggest you find a forum that doesn't have the same ethics as this one

We are not getting dragged into a legal battle that is not of our making, this is why our policy advocates no naming and shaming. If you don't like it, I suggest you find a forum that doesn't have the same ethics as this one

I hadn't said anything about not liking the policy here. And my comments have been polite. What you've said was pretty rude and for an administrator to talk to someone like that publicly doesn't look good for the forum. I am leaving this forum, not because you suggest I go somewhere with lower ethics than here, but because forum members deserve better from their administrators. I don't speak to other people like that and I won't tolerate it being done to me.

I've asked for my account to be closed.

Toodle-oo deleted person...
Also @Jemima whose original nice thread about playpens got crazily derailed by this troll, on behalf of the forum I am very sorry especially as I seem to have started this by mentioning that you could buy a product from Amazon... of course you can buy a playpen wherever you like and I'm sorry this person chose your post to jump on, we are normally a friendly place and as you can see staff intervene very fast if there is weirdness but I'm sorry this occured on your thread :(
Do please feel free to start a new thread when you get your playpen with lots of piggy photos and we will look forward to seeing your piggies having fun x

:btt:
Sorry @Jemima that your thread got hijacked. .It’s part and parcel of forum life but I’m sorry that you got caught up in it.

Back