Pigs only eat organic carrots

Not something I’ve come across with any organic or non organic veg - mine will eat anything!

(Carrots shouldn’t be in the diet in vast amounts anyway - one small circle once a week is plenty.
Mine get carrot peelings once a year while I’m preparing the Christmas dinner!)

Not something I’ve come across with any organic or non organic veg - mine will eat anything!

(Carrots shouldn’t be in the diet in vast amounts anyway - one small circle once a week is plenty.
Mine get carrot peelings once a year while I’m preparing the Christmas dinner!)
I’m feeding herbs, cos lettuce, cucumber and red pepper daily. Some apple for treats. Is this ok? Their main diet is hay.

I’m feeding herbs, cos lettuce, cucumber and red pepper daily. Some apple for treats. Is this ok? Their main diet is hay.

That’s perfect!
Coriander is a safe daily herb but the others should be given in rotation with parsley being once a week due to its higher calcium content

Yesterday’s favourite sometimes turns into today’s poison!
I find our piggies often finish whatever they don’t fancy that day after everything else. Sometimes it goes on for a few days & we guess that weeks cucumber/ pepper etc just isn’t tasting right to the boys for some reason.

Yesterday’s favourite sometimes turns into today’s poison!
I find our piggies often finish whatever they don’t fancy that day after everything else. Sometimes it goes on for a few days & we guess that weeks cucumber/ pepper etc just isn’t tasting right to the boys for some reason.
Oh piggies! Today’s poison 😂

My boys ate the pepper last for months. In the last week Sir George decided that it's his favourite so Master Boris (obviously) copied him and now it's being eaten first!
I don't know if it's just them but I am always amazed at how they eat cucumber. Munching all the skin off first, without dropping it!

Back