• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pigs ate plastic! Help!

jmmcgra

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I just discovered that this ball was too close to my pigs cage and they chewed this hole in it. It’s very thin plastic (it’s basically a giant inflatable ball, so almost the plastic of like a pool float but maybe even thinner). The hole is about the size of a tennis ball, maybe a tad bit smaller.

Do you think this will cause an issue if it was ingested? I’m really nervous. It’ll probably pass through but I have two pigs and have never had them eat something like this and I feel like a bad parent for letting them access it 🥺

I don’t even know which one ate it

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think they will be ok. My piggies once ate a large piece of a black refuse bag whilst I was cleaning them out. I’d keep a close eye on them for a day or two.

What are they called. Feel free to post a picture or two. We love piggy pictures here.

I don’t even know which one ate it

This is probably a good sign - because if you don't know it's because neither of them are acting "off" or ill. My Jake once ate a plastic bowl overnight, and aside from never being allowed a plastic bowl ever again he had no ill effects. And Bann's chewed my dustpan on a few occasions too. Just keep an eye to them both, but don't panic.

Back