• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

piggy weight gain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How much is a safe amount of weight to gain? as a percentage...

One of my piggies has put on nearly 100 grams over 2.5 weeks.
The other has put on around 60 grams.

It can vary I've had pigs but on 125g then the next week put on nothing at all! As long as they don't loose weight or become obsese I wouldn't worry too much. :)

wish my little zoe would have weight gain like that but in the last 14 weeks she has lost 200grams. a fat piggy is better if it should become ill as they have more mass to fight whatever it might catch. like people their weight gain can vary, as long as they don't get too fat for their little legs carrying them around. if concerned ask someone who knows about piggies or even your vet. but as said as long as they're not obese i wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on the weight. hugs and cuddles to your babies. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back