Piggy slave again

Gaile

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m proud owner/mummy of 3 Guinea pigs.
my nieces guinea pig came to stay for a few weeks in mid April. By the en of July Pip was still here. I asked brother in law if Pip could stay….yes I was quite shocked as he’d always said no in the past holiday stays over the years. Also I complained that poor Pip never had a friend.
so I tried to get to adopt piggies but no luck. So bought 8 week old babies a brother Momo and sister Ruby Doo. Momo on his own until he is 16 weeks so he can be neutered then of course a long 6 weeks wait after that. Pretty little babies. Pip the grey piggy seems so much happy too.
59CF768E-784C-4C3C-9151-16433C3A59DB.webp69E79DF2-FD82-4A3C-8937-582AEB661BE7.webp388B2E87-787B-4D9A-B8E1-643D014BD338.webp

So cute! Fingers crossed the bonding goes well. Is Momo living alongside his future girlfriends? Was Momo in with Ruby Doo when you went to bring them home?

If so I’m afraid you’ll have to treat her as potentially pregnant. But I hope not.

Gorgeous piggies! Glad you were able to keep Pip. How old is she? Did she take to Ruby Doo? Love the names by the way 😁

Momo is in a cage above them so they can hear each other. When girls are outside I put him in their cage so they get use to each other’s smells. Yes I’m aware of the pregnancy scare the lady bought them off though it was 8 weeks to remove the male not 3-4weeks. So really hoping she isn’t pregnant. I’ve had them 4 weeks.
Pip is 4 years old. Her and Ruby bumped noses and that was it, sorted.
Ruby has red eyes and my niece loves Scooby Doo hence the Doo and momo’s apparently from Avatar from my other niece x

So cute!
I do hope Ruby isn’t pregnant but if she has been with him until she was 8 weeks old then it is is sadly highly likely she is.

Is there any way you can move him to be living side by side with the others for full and constant communication rather than above them? (I'm thinking you may have a double hutch though as it looks like wood). Most of their communication is done via scent and body language so only being able to hear the others means they’ve lost two thirds of their communication methods.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum.
It's lovely to have you and your piggies here.
Well done for getting Pip some friends - you clearly know what you are doing, and it's great you plan to bond all three of them eventually.

Back