Piggy Shed nearly finished lots of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have just about completed our piggy shed just a few bits and bobs to finish it off need doing.

Here are some pics.

The outside

DSC00772.jpg

The girls hutch its 5ft 4 so i couldnt take one pic of it to get it all in.

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

The two new five foot hutches that OH built for me. Complete with Curtain to cover them at night. Idea stolen from Niki lol!

DSC00764.jpg

Jimmy and Jack live in the bottom house top one spare.

DSC00765.jpg

Another spare hutch this one 4 foot Trinny and Susannah got this one in August but soon out grew it when they got their new house mate Honey Bayou.

Food storage boxes.

DSC00769.jpg

Lino covered floor for easy cleaning.

DSC00767.jpg

This is what the shed floor looks like in the day we separate it off boys one side girls another.

Girls side

DSC00770.jpg

Boys side we take their Hutch door off so they can play out or pop back in their House whenever they want. You can see Joe Jimmy was in the house. They love boxes filled with Hay to sleep in. So all the old paper boxes come home with me from work!

DSC00771.jpg

The light coming in from the window

DSC00766.jpg

Complete with gorgeous guinea window sticker ! Just realised when i checked this in preview you can see me taking the pic!

DSC00773.jpg

Hope you like the pics - went a bit mad with the camera!

That looks great Lindsay! I want to do similar in my new shed in the spring. :)

It looks great :D

Is it warm in there? Is there a heater? is it insulated? Sorry for questions, thinking about making a piggy shed O0

Jane said:

Is it warm in there? Is there a heater? is it insulated? Sorry for questions, thinking about making a piggy shed O0

Its lovely and warm alot warmer than the garage was. Under the lino is a carpet for added warmth and the side of the hutch with the two built in hutches is insulated. We have electrics to it as well. The light has a 100 watt bulb in it which makes it warm as well.

For the rest of the walls and ceiling I'm going to get some insulation foil to layer them with but wont be able to go all the way down to the bottom with it incase the piggies chew it when they are playing out. They have curtains to cover them at night and the girls have a double size quilt that goes over plus they have snuggle safe heat pads in at night too. They are all nice and warm in their. Definatley recommend doing a piggy shed if you can we have enjoyed building ours up and seeing the piggies happy in it. :smitten:

lindsay7 said:
Jane said:

Its lovely and warm alot warmer than the garage was. Under the lino is a carpet for added warmth and the side of the hutch with the two built in hutches is insulated. We have electrics to it as well. The light has a 100 watt bulb in it which makes it warm as well.

For the rest of the walls and ceiling I'm going to get some insulation foil to layer them with but wont be able to go all the way down to the bottom with it incase the piggies chew it when they are playing out. They have curtains to cover them at night and the girls have a double size quilt that goes over plus they have snuggle safe heat pads in at night too. They are all nice and warm in their. Definatley recommend doing a piggy shed if you can we have enjoyed building ours up and seeing the piggies happy in it. :smitten:

Thanks :) I want to do it..I'm just worried about whether they'll be warm enough. I'm hoping to insulate it and have a heater etc. but they will be in a big C&C run, not a hutch...with a hutch you can cover it up with blankets etc and the curtains but I wouldn't be able to do that...unless...it can be a big cage on the bottom then it can have a second level and that can have a lid and I could also make some curtains for across the front...hmm..

Jane said:
lindsay7 said:
Jane said:

Thanks :) I want to do it..I'm just worried about whether they'll be warm enough. I'm hoping to insulate it and have a heater etc. but they will be in a big C&C run, not a hutch...with a hutch you can cover it up with blankets etc and the curtains but I wouldn't be able to do that...unless...it can be a big cage on the bottom then it can have a second level and that can have a lid and I could also make some curtains for across the front...hmm..

Yeah see what you mean its a bit different with a C & C trying to keep them warm. Think someone on here has got their piggies in a shed with an C & C. I'm sure it can be done and still keep them warm enough. :smitten:

lindsay7 said:
Jane said:
lindsay7 said:
Jane said:

Yeah see what you mean its a bit different with a C & C trying to keep them warm. Think someone on here has got their piggies in a shed with an C & C. I'm sure it can be done and still keep them warm enough. :smitten:

The thing is, they DO have a hutch (and it's big) but it's difficult to clean and I don't really want to use it as much as I love it. If though, like I said, have a second level which will be warmer (full of hay, curtains across front, lid with a blanket on top) I think it would be okay..especially if I had a heater in there for the night?

I'm sure that would be fine. You can get those heaters that start to work once the temperture gets below a certain level that way it wont be on all night and get too hot for the piggies. Good luck with it Jane. :smitten:

it looks great lindsay, is the heater electric or run on batteries?

cheers

That looks fantastic Lindsey its really good mine was like that before i had some new piggys

Jane you can use c&C in the shed i did i used to cover them at night with a few thick towels etc or old blankys ! plus they had loads of hay and shredded paper so they were plenty warm

Minky said:
That looks fantastic Lindsey its really good mine was like that before i had some new piggys

Jane you can use c&C in the shed i did i used to cover them at night with a few thick towels etc or old blankys ! plus they had loads of hay and shredded paper so they were plenty warm

Thanks :) Did you just cover an area of the cage? like, not the whole thing?

I cover the sides of my c and c with towels and cover the top of it with a fleece blanket at night and put the heater on and its lovely and warm along with the insulate O0

The shed looks greats O0

vikkixgrissomxgizmo said:
I cover the sides of my c and c with towels and cover the top of it with a fleece blanket at night and put the heater on and its lovely and warm along with the insulate O0

Okies, cool O0 Thankies

Oopsies..I've taken over another shed thread...sorry! :P :-X :-X

It looks great Lindsay, cant wait to do my shed, bu have the same worries as jane because mine will be in a C&C :-\ x

It looks fantastic Lindsay,great to see the boys so happy

Lindsay how did you do the ectrics to it? Did you get it done by someone or do it yourself? I'm so jealous! I want a shed :D

Your shed is great ;) what size is it ? And how many piggies live in there alltogether :)

lindsay7 said:
iloveanimals said:
Your shed is great ;) what size is it ? And how many piggies live in there alltogether :)

Its seven by five. Five pigs live in there. :smitten:
oh cool it looks massive O0 spoilt piggys

iloveanimals said:
lindsay7 said:
iloveanimals said:

Cheers already picked another new one lol. Wont be while next summer at the earliest though. Seen a really nice ten by eight summer house with three foot verander on it. God piggy palace or what. :smitten:

lindsay7 said:
iloveanimals said:
lindsay7 said:
iloveanimals said:

Cheers already picked another new one lol. Wont be while next summer at the earliest though. Seen a really nice ten by eight summer house with three foot verander on it. God piggy palace or what. :smitten:
Really, thats great - theyll love the extra room - gosh they are spoilt ;D

Was talking to my dad earlier about a shed and I think he's gunna try and do it for me :D If we turn the chicken pen into it it will be a 6' x 6 1/2' shed with their very only 6' x 6' run too :D

Actually..I think all of those 6's should actually be 8's :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back