• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggy Puddles

• Thread starter Thread starter Bouncy_piggle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bouncy_piggle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is my pig weeing too much?

She'll be out for a cuddle for about half an hour and needs to have about 5 or 6 separate wees, and all produce substantial puddles, is this normal?

My other piggle will be out for the same amount of time and will rarely needs to wee, yet they live together and thus share the same food, hay etc.

Is this normal behaviour or should I be worried?

Thanks

I'm not really sure... my pigs rarely fail to pee onme at least once when they are out sometimes twice :D lol

sometimes when theyve had carrots etc they do,so i leave it a while until i get them out,lol

have they had celery as its a dirutic, mine only rarely wee on me, most can hold back maybe the cold weather huh!

Guinea does that - little tiny ones - but always has done (people at day out may remember!) He gets a bit nervous

Frank was a nervous piggy and used to wee a fair bit, though not usually whilt having lap time. I tihnk it varies from pig to pig, ours are thankfully very well behaved and will wriggle to be put down to wee instead of on us ;D

Hmmm my pigs vary with this one. Beryl wees lots while she is out whereas Betty and Bertie hardly bother. Think it is dependent on the pig and what they have had to eat and drink etc. I find it really useful to have a shallow cat litter tray with some newspaper in and a small piece of vet bed. I put this by the side of me during cuddle time and generally they are now well trained enough to climb in there when they need to wee. Mind you there are occasionally some mishaps! Never seem to be able to stop them pooing on me either haha! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back