Piggy Palace Part 2

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

well back in August i decided that i would prefer to make some proper hutches for them in the shed and here are the results

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg
the frame works going in

DSC01076.jpg

the floors

DSC01077.jpg
the first doors being checked for size
DSC01114.jpg
the Penthouse
DSC01115.jpg
5 levels altogether including the penthouse
DSC01116.jpg
and a closer look

so there you go the ground floor level can be left as a freerange area if needed and each section can be seperated off to make 10 individual hutches if needed but only 1 level is split with the 2 boys now being seperated after some major falling out

so there you go i really love it but i have been informed that is the last OH will do on my Piggy Palace ! (thats what he thinks!)

That is one fantastic piggy palace!! You OH is fantastic!!

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

wonderful set up,can I order one please!!

Thanks guys, the longest part measures 5ft and the back just just under 4ft other than the 2 boys they all have the luxury of the L shapes. I'm currently fostering a mom and babies due to a friend deciding she no longer wanted them and then moving to Bristol, i just couldnt bear the thought of them just going anywhere luckily i have a home for all the babies so they will have an extra level to play with once they go.

I still keep thinking i want to do little bits to it and some areas do need tweeking like the doors i would prefer hinges instead of slots and now the winter months are coming i have to think of the extra warmth and may actually pinch Niki (sorry niki) idea of the curtains over each

That is amazing, you are so fortunate! What lucky piggies and a clever OH. Mind you, I think my OH could do that once we get our house with a big garden ;D

WOW I love it mmmmmmmmmm Think my Rob will be taking two weeks off next spring just to do a little diy in out shed ;D I have it decked out with hutches but want it like yours :)

Pumpkin I think I will get hubby to do mine too looks like our OH are going to be busy next spring teehee ;D now I have to find a way of talking him into the idea ;)

It took him 2 days from start to finish he worked flat out to build it all and I'm so proud of him, i think he was surprised how well he did as well

That is great, I may turn the kids bedroom in to a Guinea pig room and put the bunkbeds in the kitchen, I only use the kitchen under duress anyway.
Great Hutch

8)

HonkeysMummy said:
That is great, I may turn the kids bedroom in to a Guinea pig room and put the bunkbeds in the kitchen, I only use the kitchen under duress anyway.
Great Hutch

8)
What a great idea wouldnt need to do much either just take the doors off put some fencing on and whola a massive piggy palace with water, heating and space wonder what hubby would say to that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your set-up is fantastic O0 Well done to your OH, he's a star O0
Have to say with curtains it's so much easier with the curtain wire than having bricks on top to hold the "material." The times i was almost knocked out by a falling brick :o They do make a difference to the hutches, when i get my piggies out, they're lovely & toastie :smitten: :smitten:

HonkeysMummy said:
Great Hutch

8)

ROFL i love that "!

Niki said:
Have to say with curtains it's so much easier with the curtain wire than having bricks on top to hold the "material." The times i was almost knocked out by a falling brick :o They do make a difference to the hutches, when i get my piggies out, they're lovely & toastie :smitten: :smitten:

Its just a case of working out how I'm going to do it because with the penthouse right at the top it maybe difficult to do it unless i do individual ones which may be a better idea dont tell OH but i just ordered some new curtains for our bedroom guess what I'm going to do with the old ones ! I think pink and lilac are quite nice dont you !

It looks fantastic,bet you have some very happy Piggys in their new abodes

dazie said:
Pumpkin I think I will get hubby to do mine too looks like our OH are going to be busy next spring teehee ;D now I have to find a way of talking him into the idea ;)
Hey Dazie I think your hubby is fantastic :)your shed is great Mike has done a lot more than I can get my lazy lump to do ;)
If you think of a way to sweet talk Mike let us know I will try the same tactic ;D

Minky said:
Niki said:

Its just a case of working out how I'm going to do it because with the penthouse right at the top it maybe difficult to do it unless i do individual ones which may be a better idea dont tell OH but i just ordered some new curtains for our bedroom guess what I'm going to do with the old ones ! I think pink and lilac are quite nice dont you !

Most of mine are individual & pink & lilac will look stunning :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
My lips are :-X ;D ;D ;D

What a fab set up. My OH could do that. Told him thats what i want! Got that many friends now with piggies that come to stay when they go on their hols would be great to have that then they can come to stay without having to make ten trips to bring all their stuff. As you know piggies dont travel light lol.

Seriously thinking of getting in touch with my local RSPCA to see if I could become a Foster Mum with that set up I'm sure they would be happy to let me help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back