Piggy Homes Whats Your Set Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When I first joined the forum it was great to get ideas from people on what to have for piggies to live in ( outdoor or indoor), so I thought maybe we could post a few pics of our piggy pads for others to see and get ideas from and for each other to comment on as I would like to do so much more but I don't know what. Here's my set up. :)

19-05-07_1752.jpg
Boys place! 2 piggies in here.
19-05-07_1753.jpg
Girls palace! 3 piggies in here.
19-05-07_1754.jpg
The piggies usually have more to play with but they were
about to go back in hutch.

I have got exactly the same hutch as your girls one, but I have to change my set up now as the boys are fighting :'(

I have one c+c cage for charlie, an outdoor 2x4 hutch for my girls and a small enclosure for my boys, i'll get pictures tomorrow :)

i have 4 cages but I'm geting rid of one and buying a new and longer

i will show you mine when i get my new set up done

Dazie, mine is the same as your too, ive got two of them, one for the boys and one for the girls - I really want a C&C cage inside but I'm too worried about my cat and dogs, would also have to talk OH round too >:D

Nicky x

This is mine: my girls live in the shed

small4pig.jpg

small5pig.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

and my boys live in a nero 3 deluxe cage :)

This i my Piggys Hutch! its a Double Hutch and has a big Run attached to it which he can go in as and when he likes! hehe.... good having a B/f who likes DIY, hehe! so this is a Piggys Pad....

Little Baby Pips House!

TinkerbellPipHouse2.jpg

I'm guessing thats not all for one piggy that looks like heaven! ;)

it belongs to my 2 very happy babies!! we are actually building an extension on to it! I love them to have lots of space!

WOW! Now thats a piggie palace! (Last picture) Do they get to go in their run at night when they want, or do you close it off for safety?
It looks brill!
I helped my dad extend a 3ftt hutch to double the size! I think my mums glad she has a hubby AND a daughter that can DIY! :D

My mums making a house for the guinea pigs out of my old chest of draws, will post a picture when she's done it O0

♥Ali-loves-piggies♥ said:
WOW! Now thats a piggie palace! (Last picture) Do they get to go in their run at night when they want, or do you close it off for safety?
It looks brill!
I helped my dad extend a 3ftt hutch to double the size! I think my mums glad she has a hubby AND a daughter that can DIY! :D

My mums making a house for the guinea pigs out of my old chest of draws, will post a picture when she's done it O0
Post a picture of our extended hutch then I do not have one of it ;) and no way are you taking a picture of that house I am making if it turns out rubbish ;D

They can come and go from Hutch-Run as and when they like! I do not close off the run at night. i was worried about Foxz and whatnot, so we brought super strong wire Mesh/ my B/f also made a massive rain cover "tent" sort of thing to go over it all at night and when it Rains! its nice having it so big becuase i can lift one lid off and sit in there and play with them!...... my neighbour who does not have animals, gives me strange looks when i do this, hehe!

tinkerbell* said:
They can come and go from Hutch-Run as and when they like! I do not close off the run at night. i was worried about Foxz and whatnot, so we brought super strong wire Mesh/ my B/f also made a massive rain cover "tent" sort of thing to go over it all at night and when it Rains! its nice having it so big becuase i can lift one lid off and sit in there and play with them!...... my neighbour who does not have animals, gives me strange looks when i do this, hehe!

ooo dear! I would be so scared! Is there not a way you can close off their door at night to keep them in their hutch?

I would be soooo worried about foxes lifting up the lid or breaking the mesh (even if it is strong)
It looks a lovely hutch and run though! Just adivising you though I think it would be a good idea to like block off the doorway to the run at nice just to be that extra 10% it safer!

And mum (pumpkinpiggie) i'll post the picture of our run now O0

The top of the Run has Special Catches on so it would be extreamly hard to lift up.. even i have trouble.lol. I see your point but i have put my worrys at rest! it would take alot of a Fox to get in... and if one did get in to the run.... howz a mesh door gonna stop it from getting in to the hutch as well.... thats they way i look at it! there is a risk, but there is a risk with putting any of out little piggies outside! he who thing is also covered in a very thick plastic which is strapped down to the bottom the the who thing! I'm sure they will be fine! ive had piggies in it for years and nothing happened yet.... fingers crossed!

tinkerbell* said:
This i my Piggys Hutch! its a Double Hutch and has a big Run attached to it which he can go in as and when he likes! hehe.... good having a B/f who likes DIY, hehe! so this is a Piggys Pad....

Little Baby Pips House!

TinkerbellPipHouse2.jpg

tinkerbell* that looks like a rabbit in your guinea pigs house...or are my eyes conked out lol 98)

[/quote]
tinkerbell* that looks like a rabbit in your guinea pigs house...or are my eyes conked out lol 98)
[/quote]

So it does!

Well, i cant see a ramp down to the run so i guess the rabbit could go in it when the pigs arnt

It could be an old picture and was taken before the piggies came to live with her they may no longer own a rabbit.

Pumpkinpiggie said:
It could be an old picture and was taken before the piggies came to live with her they may no longer own a rabbit.

Yeah you're probably right...although they do still own the rabbit, it's called Tinkerbell she's so cute :smitten: but the bun could have moved out and gone into a new pad O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back