Piggy Friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayles

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello :) sadly I lost one of my pigs recently, he was the brother of a pair I've had for 4 years now. I am concerned that my remaining pig will become lonely on his own. But what do I do? Do I get another and hope they get on? All advice greatly received! X

Hello :) sadly I lost one of my pigs recently, he was the brother of a pair I've had for 4 years now. I am concerned that my remaining pig will become lonely on his own. But what do I do? Do I get another and hope they get on? All advice greatly received! X

I am ever so sorry for your loss!

If you can contact Cavy Corner in Doncaster or BARC with a fosterer in Sheffield (@pig in the city ) as your closest good Guinea pig rescues - they both offer dating at the rescue and only rehome healthy, properly sexed piggies, so you do not Need a quarantine and your bereaved Boy can choose who he gets on with. You come home with a companion only if there has been success. It is more effort and you have to go further afield, but it is sooooo worth it as you are guaranteed a happy new relationship.

Here are our tips on what you can do for a bereaved piggy, including recommended rescue contacts that offer dating with already quarantined and healthy Guinea pigs: Looking After A Bereaved Guinea Pig

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry for the loss of your piggy, it is heartbreaking to lose a pt but even worse when you are worried over any remaining piggies. Wiebkes advice above is great - rescues can often help with bnding to make sure you are able to find the perfect friend.

Hope you enjoy the forum, anything we can help with please just ask

lee

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back