Piggy Ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah86

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
image.webp Hello

I have a new little man called Jesse who will be moving in with my girls in a week or so (6 weeks post neutering) who I got from a nearby RSPCA centre. He is a very cuddly little boy who hasn't had a great start being left in a box with his mum and siblings and then not getting on with his brothers.

He has very dry ears which are little bit flaky, and also have a couple of tiny chunks missing from them! I just wondered what would be the best thing to use to try and improve the dryness. I have some Johnson's Veterinary Tea Tree skin cream, would this be ok?

Thanks!

It depends if it is just dry skin or fungal. They can get a fungal bloom on their ears which looks like a fine white powder. I recommend getting him checked at the vets. If it is fungal they may give you a cream but on my late Nigel I applied topical Imaverol.

I think I will take him to the vets. Best to get him checked before I put him with my girls anyway and the person at the rescue centre did say that he had needed to be bathed fairly frequently due to a skin condition when he first arrived. Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back