• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggy colds...Any help?

• Thread starter Thread starter spitcher88
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spitcher88

At the moment I'm feeling a bit under-the-weather, in fact I'm feeling awful! I'm all full up of cold and I'm just a bit worried. This may seem silly but, can piggies catch our colds? I don't want to go near them too much if they can.

Not that I know of. I never had a pig that caught one of my colds nor have heard of one. :)

Not silly :) I don't know, I just haven't experienced that happening with my guineas ( I don't 'do' biology). ::)

We've all had chest infections here, colds, sinus blockages you name it and my pigs are ok. I admit to keeping my distance as much as I could while really bad but they seem ok. It's hard telling a 7 year old not to stroke them when she is coughing all over them! ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back