Piggy Back Riding

Bean_piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Whenever I take my pig out with me to spend time with her, she does her usual popcorning, exploring, licking my hands, feet and arms, and in the end she usually jumps on my back or lower half and just lays there doing nothing. It doesn't bother or concerns me it just interests me as to why she does this?

From the described behavior that she is exhibiting, I would say she is very comfortable with you. I've read that a piggy that climbs on it's owner is showing affection by "snuggling" with you. Not many piggies would show such affection, so it's lovely to hear you're piggy does. By exploring, your piggy most likely feels comfortable enough in it's surroundings to be curious, knowing there is no danger around.
Also, the licking and popcorning are obvious signs of affection and happiness.

From the described behavior that she is exhibiting, I would say she is very comfortable with you. I've read that a piggy that climbs on it's owner is showing affection by "snuggling" with you. Not many piggies would show such affection, so it's lovely to hear you're piggy does. By exploring, your piggy most likely feels comfortable enough in it's surroundings to be curious, knowing there is no danger around.
Also, the licking and popcorning are obvious signs of affection and happiness.
Oh that's good to hear, 'cause she always loves to lick me and she loves to sit on my shoulder, back, neck or lower half 😂

Back