piggies wont touch new pellets

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
hi everyone! so i’ve mentioned this on previous posts but i’m still unsure what to do! vets recommended to me to go cold turkey on old food and to not worry if they don’t eat them for a few days but i decided not too as Luna was on antibiotics and healing from her abscess… she’s now nearly fully healed so wondering if i should just start from tomorrow giving them the new pellets and hopefully they eat them when hungry? i have been trying to slowly reduce the amount of old food and increase the new one but they are just having none of it! i need to do something soon as i’m running out of the old food that was given to me when i got them!

* i’ve tried both mint and blackcurrant burgees pellets

How much of the old food do you have left and what was in it that the vet recommended going cold turkey?

I would keep the same amount of old and new for a few more days then reduce just a little. Pellets aren’t entirely important so their not eating it isn’t quite the be all and end all. If it were hay that would be a different matter altogether.

I guess persist and if they really refuse then you may just have to leave them off pellets. Unless you find one they’ll eat.

How much of the old food do you have left and what was in it that the vet recommended going cold turkey?

I would keep the same amount of old and new for a few more days then reduce just a little. Pellets aren’t entirely important so their not eating it isn’t quite the be all and end all. If it were hay that would be a different matter altogether.

I guess persist and if they really refuse then you may just have to leave them off pellets. Unless you find one they’ll eat.

it’s enough for a little while but won’t be long till its gone.. i just said it was mix of different bits and she said it would be okay to just start them on the new burgess excel. okay thanks, yes i suppose! thanks for the advice!

Back