Piggies Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy776

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Whose piggies have been outside yet this year? Bernard and Harris haven't yet, purely because we haven't got around to putting their outdoor run together yet (we've not had them long). I'm sure they'll love it once they do get out there!

My Ambers out :) gunna get her in in a second. Gardens getting shaded.

Ah thanks, so are yours! Poor Bernard and Harris, they are missing out, I must get them out soon!

ours haven't yet. could have done for the first time yesterday and again today but we're waiting on the new run to arrive first!

I'm glad it's not just my two that have been missing out on the glorious weather then!

I have a bit of a problem with ants on my back lawn. If I use ant powder I worry it will linger, even after some rain,and the grass won't be safe for the guineas! Anybody got any helpful tips for this ?

No useful tip - but an interesting point if you watch the ants they avoid the guineas (and cats) they go around them- was thinking of inventing a spray scent with guinea and cat as obviously a repellent then I could spray it on my legs and around door frames :tu:

image.webpFinally these lads have been outside- I think they were petrified though! I thought their run might be a bit small but they stayed in one corner the whole time, bless 'them!

Mine were the same to start with, but now they've got used to it, they like venturing around their outside run :)

Mine go out quite a lot or whenever there is nice weather. They love it outside!

I took my pigs out for the first time ever in their lives this past weekend, My fiance and I were so scared birds of prey would come down that we sat on either side of them- but they had a blast! ate so much grass.

Mine are out every day as long as the grass is dry. There hutch is outside now as well prob till the end of September. They love being on the grass.

:DMy girls have been outside several times this year. The older ones, though, spend most of the time sitting in their huts! Silly piggies!
They don't like it when its very windy like today.
I sometimes find ants crawling up the inside of the huts,:rant: but they don't seem to bother the piggies. I put double -sided sticky tape around the bottom of the huts and that seemed to stop most of the ants from getting inside. :tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back