Piggies Need Bath And Messy Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amyscoobybarnie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok, so this morning I put a sweet corn for my piggies as working later today so it was a little treat and they enjoy eating it so takes some time out their day. I returned to scooby who had sweet corn juice all in his fur (obviously enjoyed it). I am unsure if I need to give him a bath, I don't want to distress him by giving him a bath but I also don't want his sticky fur getting poorly.

It's all above his nose and under his chin, will he clean it him self or will I need to bath him.

Ps they quite new piggies and was not expecting to bath them for at least another few months so haven't got any animal friendly shampoo etc, so if I need to bath him won't be able to until tomorrow after getting the stuff.

Any suggestions?

Amy, scooby (mr mucky piggy) and Barnie

that is so cute. i think buy the shampoo just in case, and if his fur starts getting bad clean it then. if not then your just more prepared for the future

One of my boys has a white chin so whatever vegie he eats leaves its mark. I always wait a day to see if I need to wash him, but in nearly 4 years it has always been clean the next day. So wait & see if Scooby is a self-cleaning pig!

Thank you for all your replies. Got scooby out for cuddle time last night and quite a lot had gone. Hopefully when I go see them now he has washed it all off himself :) .... Yeah I think I am going to just buy some shampoo just Incase in the future, any brand best to get for young piggies? (If their more than one)

I'm not sure what the minimum age is for bathing (I have four months in my head but happy to be corrected!) There is a great website called Gorgeous Guineas that sell a vast range of lovely piggy bathing products - www.gorgeousguineas.com

There are trial sizes available of a lot of things too :)

I would get a gorgeous guineas shampoo incase.
But whenever my mucky lasses get sweetcorn juice on their manes under their chin, it usually comes off within the day. So I'd wait to see if it goes first. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back