Piggies in uninsulated conservatories in August - help needed to argue why not

PiggyintheMiddle

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello. Please could I have help with arguing why our guinea pigs cannot be looked after in a conservatory with perspex roof and windows for a week at the beginning of August. We live in the UK.

First and foremost it will get far too hot and they can die from heatstroke.
Thank you! That is exactly what we are saying!

There is no way that they are going to go there, but at this point (we said months ago that it was out of the question), I just want to get across that we are not being neurotic and silly.

Thank you! That is exactly what we are saying!

There is no way that they are going to go there, but at this point (we said months ago that it was out of the question), I just want to get across that we are not being neurotic and silly.
Tell whoever it is that wants to keep the piggies in the Conservatory in August to stay in the Conservatory for a week themselves and not move out of there for anything. Also tell them to put on a fur coat, hat, thick jeans and thick socks, gloves and a scarf and not take them off. That's how it'll feel for the piggies. See how they like the sound of that.

The conservatory will be a heat trap and get far too hot, it will be like an oven
Tell whoever it is that wants to keep the piggies in the Conservatory in August to stay in the Conservatory for a week themselves and not move out of there for anything. Also tell them to put on a fur coat, hat, thick jeans and thick socks, gloves and a scarf and not take them off. That's how it'll feel for the piggies. See how they like the sound of that.
You aren’t being neurotic - you are absolutely right. A conservatory would become dangerous
I have piggies. I have a conservatory. I no longer have a dining room. My piggies never live in the conservatory as it would be far too hot and would result in heatstroke and probable death. It’s an absolute no-no.
Thank you! I have passed the message on. It should definitely be clear now 👍

Back