Piggies Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamolly123

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have 2 barking dogs, & hubby wants to plug an ultrasonic deterrent, in which should stop them. It says only dogs can hear it but I'm frightened it will hurt my piggies ears
Has anyone come across these & are they safe.

I wouldn't risk it - their hearing is good I think and in a different range to ours (not sure exactly how it compares to dogs) Maybe addressing the reason behind the barking would be a better long term solution?
My brother used something similar with his dog an it made her quite fearful&withdrawn as she didn't understand why nasty things kept happening when she was trying to communicate.

I wouldn't risk it - their hearing is good I think and in a different range to ours (not sure exactly how it compares to dogs) Maybe addressing the reason behind the barking would be a better long term solution?
My brother used something similar with his dog an it made her quite fearful&withdrawn as she didn't understand why nasty things kept happening when she was trying to communicate.
Thanks I was very unsure. They bark every time someone passes the window or the postie,or actually anything. Lol

Mine was the same!
I always praised him when he barked at someone (he didn't bark at anyone when he was out of the house) ; postman, window cleaner, passerby, ghost, as he was just alerting me to potential dangers and we got it down to one bark, and then he would come find me to make sure I got the message! Not really sure how exactly we did it ! It seemed to happen quite organically

Mine was the same!
I always praised him when he barked at someone (he didn't bark at anyone when he was out of the house) ; postman, window cleaner, passerby, ghost, as he was just alerting me to potential dangers and we got it down to one bark, and then he would come find me to make sure I got the message! Not really sure how exactly we did it ! It seemed to happen quite organically
That sounds a bit like our dogs, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back