Pig of a mess!

• Thread starter Thread starter david
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

david

Hi...we've just got a couple of brothers from the same litter. They're about six months old now and get on really well but one is more dominant and is always trying to mount the other. This doesn't really seem to annoy the poor recipient...except the other day it went a bit further and there was quite a mess! Not a joy to clean up. Is this normal and is there anything I could do to prevent it happening again?

My two girls started this a while ago. We put it down to adolescence. It stopped quite quickly. It's all part off growing up.

my Hurley gets white stuff on his back when Hugo humps him, don't think you can stop it though :-\

i had two brothers like that and in the end had to split them ? dameon would not leave tyke alone and it affected tyke, he was very withdrawn and hardly ate, just hid away. you couldn't hold any of them and they would bite.

they are about eight months now and dameon is turning into a lovely pig, he is still not keen on being picked up but he will let you rub him and comes up for food and gets on great with gizmo.

tyke is still timid and a bit mad, does not like being handled but does eat now and comes up to wire for a rub on his nose. when i got him he was full of mites and i think that affected him badly.

i hated splitting them because it meant i had to split all my boys up to pair them off but i think it was worth it and one day i'm sure tyke will let me hold him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back