Picking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasafrat

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I wanting to know how best to pick up, we have had ours a month and one was very settled at the start but now seems to have shy and wary, the other was the opposite! Shy but now settled!
They are different breeds.
Thank you.
They have a area to come and play in and I dislike the idea of chasing to catch them.

Mine are still shy-i talk to them a lot, move slowly and calmly and scoop them up under their stomach and bring them in against my body straight away to calm them down. trying to grab them from above or indecisively chasing them only panics them.

Hello, welcome to the forum :)

Most piggies are unhappy at being picked up and the chase stresses them out, lots of people including us use this technique even for the most tamest piggies as it takes the stress out of it for them and you

Hope that helps, looking forward to seeing your around the forum

That was good, I'm glad I read and watched this clip on how best to pick up your piggies because I have the same thing happen when I try to pick them up and it feels like I am chasing them around, which I don't like doing.

That's a really useful video clip. We're trying to get Rupert and Yogi used to being picked up/handled and I hate the thought that they might be scared of us.
I tried the tunnel pick up earlier and they both scurried into the same tunnel from opposite directions and got completely stuck. :oops:
Hopefully they won't do that again!

That's a really useful video clip. We're trying to get Rupert and Yogi used to being picked up/handled and I hate the thought that they might be scared of us.
I tried the tunnel pick up earlier and they both scurried into the same tunnel from opposite directions and got completely stuck. :oops:
Hopefully they won't do that again!

We've had that problem before too! Luckily they were well behaved for the video.

Thats how I catch my piggies! Awesome to know I am doing it right without even trying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back