Pets At Home nugget change

VenusSky

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I used to feed my guinea pigs the old P@H nuggets, but they've recently changed them and I'm unsure of what to do. I've bought one bag of the new nuggets but a lot of people are leaving bad reviews and saying that their guinea pigs don't like it/are ill. My two guinea pigs are nearly 4 and have been fed the original nuggets their whole life, so I'm not sure how they'll react but I could probably take a guess.
Is it worth giving the new nuggets to them and if so, how should I introduce it? If not, are there any other better nugget brands that your piggies like? x

The best thing to do is to mix some of the new ones in with the old so that they can get used to the change in formulation. Gradually increase the proportion of new ones until they are fully changed over.

That really annoys me when I buy something and then it gets changed. 😡

I used to give my boys PAH nuggets and then I found out they aren’t that healthy. So I changed my boys over to Haybox Nuggets. They really liked them. I only give about 10 nuggets a day for them to share. So they don’t get many. The bag lasts for ages.

The questions about the new pets at home nuggets have come up a couple of times. The ingredients in them are not great - the second main ingredient being alfalfa which shouldn’t be fed to guinea pigs plus containing a lot of other cereal fillers. If they definitely don’t like them, then you may want to consider changing to a different one in any event.

Last edited:
I have tried to gradually introduce the new food and they will not eat it so will look for alternatives

My boys were the same! They used to be on P@H nuggets and as I got more clued up (with thanks to the lovely humans on this forum) I decided to switch them to Burgess instead.

I thought about trying them on the new P@H nuggets but the reviews put me off completely! I also had a look at the reviews for their versions of other animals I.E. rabbits and degus etc which also don’t appear to be too positive so thought it best to avoid!

Back