Pet camera recommendations?

Pantalaimon

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting a pet camera to use while I’m not at home and was wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations of ones that have worked well for their guinea pigs.

The most important features are that it works by Wi-Fi, has sound and that it can be completely removed when not in use (they’re sort of in my bedroom and I don’t really feel comfortable with that being left on). Apart from that I’m not bothered by any other features really.

Any suggestions/reviews (if anyone has any!) would be helpful.

I bet one of those baby video monitors would work nicely. Some of them have a way so you can talk to the baby/piggies too. I can't recommend any as I am past that stage in life.

I hadn’t thought of those. I wonder whether they may be slightly cheaper as well. I shall have a look!

We have a Tapo mini camera. It’s not the best view with our divided piggie home, and doesn’t always pick up the boys moving around ( we have it set on motion detect). It has to be up high to get a good view. The camera also needs an SD card, brought separately to record.
I turn it off and on at will by the plug and it doesn’t effect it- it still remembers WiFi etc. I can’t comment on the sound aspect as I have never used it. It has a setting that you can speak through it….. but as our boys hate computer voices we have never used it, or felt the need to use it.

We have a netvue orb mini, it’s really good we have a memory car in ours and it links to an app.

Back