People who keep there Guinea Pigs In a Shed: Do you?

Do you Let you Guinea pigs?

• Roam Free?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Cages/Hutches?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I really want to get a shed if I'm allowed. Only a small one.. I don't want many guinea pigs. I was wondering if you choosen roam free what you do? because I was wondering what you put on the the floor?

Thankies!

Mine are in hutches in shed because they are split into groups... and I have dogs!

I like the idea of the roaming free but would be worried about rats, which is why I haven't tried it yet!

Sophie
x

Hi

I'm the same as Sophie.
I have mine in large hutches in the shed as i'm afraid that rats would get in if they were to run free. I also have a couple of boars who gnaw at any piece of wood in sight so it wouldn't be long before I was having to patch up the structure of a shed.

Claire
x

I have 3 piggies in two LARGE cages ...... in my living room! Basil prefers being on his own, which I know is unusual, and his cage is right alongside the girls' cage so they can see, smell, and talk to each other. I clean the cages on alternate days so there's no odour other than the sweet smell of hay. When the weather is good, they can go out on the grass - supervised, because we have visiting cats. My own cat is fine with them.

Seven in a large hutch in the shed with a big C&C run coming off it for daytime play, they can come and go as they please - they get shut into the hutch overnight for security.

Girls in C&C 3x3 or their abouts and boys in 4x2 cages except Twinkle who is in a Nero 3. Have to have my boys in cages as they will get out to the girls. If you have mixed sexes is best to completely cover one lot and have another in C&C I wouldn't recommend C&C for both sexes as the boys WILL get out, believe me it happened in the barn! :)

Mine live in an 8x10 summerhouse.
There are 2 runs built up each side that are 8x2. Hazel and Violet are in one which has a divider in the middle as they don't like each other and Peppa and Fern live together in the other one. :)

my 6ft by 6ft shed is split into 2 runs. The bunnies have approx 2 &1/2 foot by just under 5 ft, The end of their run is sectioned of for a huge bale of hay. The guinea pigs have 6 ft by 3 & 1/2.

These runs are made from C & C cubing, with lino on the floor. The C & C also makes up some shelving, mainly over the guinea pig run. This starts one cube above floor level so the piggies don't loose any floor space. The hay racks are a cube held on by wire ties.

Planning a small second level in both runs, but haven't got that figured out yet.

Hope this gives you some ideas O0

Mine will be living in C&Cs raised off the ground when they go in the shed, the rabbit has the roam of the floor and his hutch :) x

me? i have a 10x8 shed with worktops around the inside with space in the middle, the pigs will go on the work tops, the rabbits hutch goes underneath the worktops and he can run round the rest of the shed :)

i have a 7 by 9 feet shed had every one in hutches over winter planning to have floor caged off on three sides and then have some hutches on higher levels once i can get in empty out and scrub clean first!

I have mine in hutches in my shed, i wouldn't have them free-ranging because we do have a rat problem in the area & we have 3 dogs :)

When I had to keep mine outside last summer what I did was have the hutch plonked on two wine racks so it didn't get wet underneath, with a ramp going up, then I covered the floor in newspaper and a piece of fleece I think! I can't remember quite -it may have been hay but I'm pretty sure it was fleece, this worked well because it's a "proper" shed made of bricks + breeze blocks with a concrete floor so it was a great pig shed ;D Also my dad made a mesh door so it was nice and airy and had a window I could open. And electricity for a light and fan/heater (spoilt much!)
In fact I think I will start putting my pig Ozzy out during the day now (he's been living in my room this winter)

my piggies live in a 6 x 4 shed free range with c+c grids round the sides to attach water bottles and food bowls to, also my hay rack (which has dried grass in) is a c+c grid bended in half attached by plastic grips.

the door was cut in half and the neighbour made me a mesh frame for the top half to let the fresh hair in and keep the cats out.

on the bottom of the shed floor was covered in plastic with correx on the top.

they have houses etc to hide in. they seem happy enough

mine live in a shed in huthes and one free range area for wenever reali i dnt no what mine is but i need a bigger shed reallybut it will do for now hehe lol
ANZ X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back