Peeing up against me deliberately

JenniferG

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've had guinea pigs since 2008 but my latest two sows, Bella joined the family in Feb last year and Tara in Jan this year, both as babies have a thing for reversing up against myself or my husband, and peeing right next to us. They were out for cuddle time next to us and had a fleece pouch that I guess they didn't want to pee inside of. These are the first ones we've had to do this deliberate coming up, bottom against our legs, and peeing. I don't know if they just like peeing against a surface or if they're showing displeasure at being out or marking us! Bella only did this as a baby so maybe Tara will grow out of it too.

This is their way of telling you that they want to go home as they need a pee. When I kept my piggies out of their cage too long they would always start to reverse to pee.

This is their way of telling you that they want to go home as they need a pee. When I kept my piggies out of their cage too long they would always start to reverse to pee.
Yes this does seem to be it...it's not enough that they just pee somewhere, they let you know they are peeing by doing it up against you!

The other guineas do nibble me when they want to go back. A couple don't care and will just pee on me when cuddled. Bella was funny when she was a baby, she would look at me and suddenly run up my body, I've rarely had a guinea touch me asking to be picked up, now she's too big to run up me, she gestures for me to pick her up...sometimes that's for a cuddle and sometimes it's just so she can nibble me!

Back