• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Paws crossed for Whisper please

munchmonster

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I am a bit worried about my beautiful Whisper so have made an appointment for her to have an ultrasound on Monday morning. She is eating, drinking and doing poos completely normally and thinks I am a walking salad snack machine, but she is losing weight and sits on her own a lot. The vet suggested it could be a number of things, like cystic ovaries, needs a spay etc, but would love for forum piggies to cross their paws for her, she is such a lovely girl . Anyone had similar?
I will update everyone after her appointment

Wishing Whisper all the best!

Mystery weight loss is my least favourite symptom because it is so vague and there can be so many different things behind it. I hope that better diagnostics can give you answers.

Wishing Whisper all the best!

Mystery weight loss is my least favourite symptom because it is so vague and there can be so many different things behind it. I hope that better diagnostics can give you answers.
So do I Wiebke. The vet said they will need to shave her sides and tummy to see if anything shows up on the ultrasound. I will be pacing the floor

I took Whisper for her ultrasound today and sadly she has a cyst on her right ovary and they also saw a small amount of bladder sludge but no stones, luckily. Poor Whisper was shaking when I got her home but I have booked her in for a spay in 2 weeks, and then it will be me shaking ☹️ but I have 2 weeks to psych myself up.

Sorry it wasn’t better news, but it’s good there were no bladder stones.
Hope the spay goes well for Whisper.
Will be holding you in my thoughts

Sending Whisper lots of luck for her operation and loads of healing vibes too from down here in Cornwall

Back