Paper bedding

Piggies2023

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Those who use paper based bedding what brand do you recommend please that isn't really expensive? I currently use teabag bedding but the brand I use has micro plastics in and Nancy keeps eating it so I'm thinking of trying something else.

Have you tried cardboard bedding ?Finacard bedding is good,its shredded cardboard. Its approx £20 for a 17kg bag.A found all paper bedding has got too expensive with 4 cages.website www,Finacard bedding. Fitch bedding was very good,but thats far too expensive now for me.

I've used Small Pet Select it's cheaper on Amazon or Chewy but I recently switched back to Petsmart's Full Cheeks brand. It can get expensive that's for sure, but the fleece became too much cleanup for me.

I know you're in the UK though. Small Pet Select started to become too dusty. Carefresh is a good option as well not sure if you have that over there.

I've used Small Pet Select it's cheaper on Amazon or Chewy but I recently switched back to Petsmart's Full Cheeks brand. It can get expensive that's for sure, but the fleece became too much cleanup for me.

I know you're in the UK though. Small Pet Select started to become too dusty. Carefresh is a good option as well not sure if you have that over there.
Thank you. We get small pet select and I had been considering it might try something else instead

This is the one I use, it works out cheaper as out of the bag it's 240l

Very tempted to give this a go next paycheque, how often do you find it needs changing? If my maths is right that bale could last us six months at our usual rate! (We only use paper bedding in the hay pile corner so it's not a big area to cover.)

Very tempted to give this a go next paycheque, how often do you find it needs changing? If my maths is right that bale could last us six months at our usual rate! (We only use paper bedding in the hay pile corner so it's not a big area to cover.)
It lasts a hamster with deep bedding in a 100x50cm cage plus 5 piggies hay trays around 3 months xx

Kaytee clean and cosy or fitch (not the teabag type though) I use for my hammie and in the piggies hay trays xx
Is kaytee clean and cosy purely paper? I can't find the ingredients. I bought some and I like it. but Nancy is snacking on it again 🤦

Back