Paper based cat litter…?

It can be hard on the feet, 2 of my piggies came from a place where they were kept on this and their paws were (rainbow bridge Jezzy) and are (limpy old Clover) awful.
Having said that, they also had a tiny cage had many other problems, and some people here do use that flooring fine-especially in litter trays or just part of the cage.
But its hard on the feet and joints and I dont think you'd want to lie down on it without a good thick layer of hay or a fleece on top...
Small pet select soft paper bedding is very good and comes in a bulk pack of 147 litres for about £50- have you considered that? I'd highly recommend it :)

I've used it before, though not since I had Comet and Blitzen, it was usually a last ditch option when I couldn't find anything else. It works, it does the job because that's what it was designed to do, but it wouldn't be my first choice. If I'm going pellets, it'll be Back2Nature. I picked up some of Nature's Own paper bedding when I got the wood shavings to see what it's like, but I have it and 6 and a half packs of wood shavings, so it'll get a while to get trying it out.

Hmm - it was just someone who said about it to me today - he kept his on it, but I think if the fleece doesn’t work out (still have to sew and finish the wicking process), I have developed a cunning system to save on Carefresh! I want them to be comfy!

Back